Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas Reviews

• Dec 24, 2019

Although it might not do much to hold the attention of adults, this sweet little 100% wholesome movie is the #1 holiday film in our household thanks to annual airings on PBS. The main conflict of the story is the Man in the Yellow Hat's (Ted's) inability to decipher George's Christmas list, a drawing of toys that includes only their rudimentary shapes. At the same time, George attempts to figure out the perfect gift for Ted. Silliness ensues including a trip around town where George attempts to sneakily follow Ted and Ted attempts to sneakily follow George to find out what the other party wants. Ted worries that he will never figure out what the shapes stand for and questions his fitness to be George's caregiver if he cannot understand the little monkey's desires with George mirroring this concern in his search for the perfect present for his friend. As with all Curious George shows, the focus is largely on George, his antics are cute, and he's celebrated by a large audience before all conflict is wrapped up happily in a tidy little package. Little kids really get a kick out of this since so many see themselves in George. My kid does at least, she's been watching this movie since she was 2 and will come running any time she hears the main theme. If you have children, you should absolutely add this to your Christmas movie lineup.

• Jan 25, 2018

It calls to kids to watch it’s a good one

It calls to kids to watch it’s a good one

• Dec 28, 2017

Really enjoyed watching "Curious George A Very Monkey" Christmas with my young Daughter whom absolutely loves it. It is a very Cosy Little Christmas movie. A little hidden Treasier.

• Sep 02, 2017

Curious George has Christmas check out this show and see what curious George is up to for Christmas!

• Aug 28, 2016

Good for kids to see!!

Good for kids to see!!

• Jan 06, 2015

One day you'll wake up and it'll be Christmas. Curious George is so excited about the Christmas holiday with the Man in the Yellow Hat. They both enjoy working together to decorate, but try to think of creative things to get each other. They even bump into each other while shopping. Eventually, they'll have a joyous holiday. "Everyone knows that a rhinoceros is the perfect Christmas present." A group of directors composed with experience from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats, and Wild Thornberrys, delivers Curious George Monkey Christmas. The storyline for this picture is interesting and fun for the children to watch unfold (George's imagination is particularly well portrayed). The animation was just okay and kind of plain and one dimensional (as you'd expect from this series). "Time waits for no one." We grabbed this off Netflix this holiday season as a movie my daughter and I would enjoy watching. My daughter did love George and watched this film attentively from beginning to end; however, I wouldn't call this a must own to have in the DVD collection. This is an above average addition to the genre that is worth an annual viewing. "No other tree would do." Grade: C+

• Oct 04, 2014

Great curious George movie.

Great curious George movie.

• Apr 03, 2014

My daughter adores this; the series and the movies.

My daughter adores this; the series and the movies.

• Dec 21, 2013

Cute, fun, and lighthearted.

Cute, fun, and lighthearted.

• Dec 07, 2013