Curly Top - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Curly Top Reviews

½ September 22, 2015
Curly Top is a decent film. It is about Edward Morgan who becomes charmed with a curly-haired orphan and her pretty older sister. John Boles and Shirley Temple give good performances. The screenplay is slow in places but still entertaining. Irving Cummings did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the music and romance.
½ January 19, 2015
So heartwarming with the cute little Shirley and her animal crackers. :)
½ March 2, 2014
ok shirley temple vehicle
June 26, 2013
Classic Shirley Temple.
October 15, 2012
It's Shirley Temple, so it is what it is.
October 2, 2012
Shirley Temple really is America's sweetheart! This movie's a classic tale about an orphan wanting to be different. WIth such catchy songs as "Animal Crackers In My Soup",and "When I Grow Up",it's no wonder everyone sings along! With her classic sweetheart humor and catchphrase,this movie will have YOU saying, "Oh my goodness!"
½ July 4, 2012
love shirley movies ... own them all
½ September 5, 2010
love shirley movies ... own them all
July 31, 2010
July 31, 2010
July 27, 2010
Despite the many naysayers, this remains my favorite Shirley Temple film. A sweet simple romance that boasts some of Shirley's best songs including "Animal Crackers in My Soup" and "When I Grow Up." Shirley's exuberance, spunk, and sweetness is as natural as her boundless talent.

In addition, Boles and Hudson possess undeniable chemiistry. This movie flows fluidly from song to song and scene to scene. While I enjoy conflict/angst in dramatic films every now and then, it is refreshing to embrace cheerfulness.

Based on one of my favorite novels (Jean Webster's beloved classic) Daddy Long Legs, this cinematic gem remains true to the heart of Webster's novel, although it is an obvious vehicle for Shirley.

The only negative part of this film is that it didn't last nearly long enough. I do wish the romance entailed more "chase." Of course, that is just my "romantic" heart.

I would highly recommend this film to everyone! It will put a smile in your face and leave a song in your heart. You'll be humming the tunes for weeks!

Curly Top is an unforgettable, addictive viewing experience with a superb moral message and heartfelt romance!

I love everything about it!
July 21, 2010
A cute Shirley Temple film.
½ September 28, 2009
Shirley Temple was adorable (although slightly cloying at times) and that's the reason most of her movies were made in the first place. Curly Top is not a great movie and if Temple was not the showcase, it would be boring and pointless. The plot is incredibly thin and a bit far fetched. It doesn't make sense that her millionaire foster parent decides to pretend she was adopted by somebody else so she will not feel indebted to him, but yet she never meets the supposed adopter. And then the love story is silly and borderline creepy. But the musical numbers are usually fun to watch - especially Animal Crackers in My Soup. And Shirley Temple certainly had spunk and it shines here, even if the rest of the film is lacking.
July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love her movies
June 18, 2009
I watched a couple of these horrible "cute" movies with Shirley Temple in them when I was younger. Suck city!
May 5, 2009
When I was a little kid I would sleep over my grandma's house and we would always watch SHirley Temple movies together. Watching these movies brings me back to that time.
April 2, 2009
do Shirley Temple films need a plot? just stick her in front of a camera and get her to smile at things
December 31, 2008
This is a good movie.
½ December 27, 2008
Treacher was watchable, but for me personally, nothing else took off.
November 25, 2008
Animal Crackers in My Soup!