Cut Sleeve Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cut Sleeve Boys Reviews

March 14, 2012
This sounds bloody hilarious... I definitely need to check it out!!
April 27, 2010
No es la pelicula gay mas radical, pero es una comedia sencilla que cumple con el cometido de divertir un rato.
January 11, 2010
campy, bad acting, but i loved it.
October 14, 2009
YESSSSSH, that's what GAYS do!!
July 8, 2009
Very funny but edgy at the same time.
May 17, 2009
This is one of those movies that pisses you off because you ignored your instincts and watched it anyway. The critics must have been bribed. I came into this expecting a thought-provoking insight into another sub-culture. A best friend in the pack dies tragically and the other two friends are brought to grips with their own mortality. Well, in this superficial treatment of grief, the only thing they think to do is go tranny to attract a butch man (who is into trannies, of course), and burn up their youth through the club circuit. All the while a young, fit, mostly-innocent-but-with-the-right-amount-experience guy comes to live with you and exclaims his love for you, all the while the signs of age are all over you, and you reject him? And not in the I-want-the-best-of-both-worlds way either. Total waste of time.
March 8, 2009
"cut sleeve" is Chinese for "gay". It's a good movie with a good story and some situations one might relate to, or not. I think it's worth a look.
½ February 2, 2009
Interesting...but not a favorite.
January 8, 2009
gay asian british drama/comedy! sexy and funny!
½ October 15, 2008
"It takes guts to face the world and look like this every day! ..."
July 26, 2008
YESSSSSH, that's what GAYS do!!
½ July 8, 2008
Not as aggressively bad as I was fearing. Story is better than the acting.
May 25, 2008
Talking about a bad movie. Bad story, bad acting and same old cliche. The only good part is that thank god the Asian guy didn't get a second chance.
½ May 22, 2008
Very disappointing movie....even the cliche's sucked. There was no real substance to the movie and character development was poor.
½ March 31, 2008
a great gay comedy about the everyday gay problems but also growing up and finding you place in the world. i really loved it. the funniest scene may be when ash is trying to sneak out of the bes cutting a sleeve of his/ her cardigan. and i also did not expect the chinese boys to be SOOO hot. i recommend this movie for a relaxed-camp eveninng with friends
½ March 3, 2008
Fun and funny. "Messages" abound in the simplistic script and that is not a bad thing. Again, this movie was very funny and for all the right reasons.
January 29, 2008
To sum it up... two gay asians in London. It had it's funny moments, and I gotta admit Ash looked much better as a woman then he ever did as a man.
½ January 20, 2008
Cut Sleeve Boys (2007): "When I die, I want glitter balls, go-go boys, and all my past shags present." - Mel

Two British-Chinese gay friends (sweet Ash and calous Mel) are rudely introduced to their own mortality when a closeted friend suddenly dies. Booted from complacency, they immediately begin the search for their dream man.

Of course, a search for a dream anything begins and ends with yourself. It's gay humor, but the message is universal.

A good film to show on a Monday movie night at the gay bar. Rest assured, it will go in one ear, and out the other.
November 29, 2007
My brother Kyle loves this movie! I think he has it on Blu-Ray.
November 9, 2007
Great movie, totally didn't expect it after watching the bad trailer. Acting wasn't great but the movie was fun.. could relate to a lot of what the characters go through. All the actors were hot.. especially the guy who played Ross.. *drool*. Great film to watch if you're tired of the superficial gay world & are on a journey to self acceptance.