Cyborg 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cyborg 2 Reviews

½ June 9, 2015
6/9/2015: horrible! Probably Angelina Jolie's worst movie, but she does show some nudity.
May 29, 2015
Angelina Jolie had to start somewhere.
½ November 28, 2014
Corny punny humour, unintentional campy fun, silly fight scenes, unoriginal sci fi, and a weak story. I didn't hate it, but it was pretty bad, and there are plenty of way better sci fi B movies.
September 23, 2014
WOW.....WOW....WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO SO BAD MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO BAD, WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THE ONLY GREAT THING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS JACK PALANCE (.R.I.P.), MAN THIS IS SO SO AWFUL, MAN THIS IS SO BAD, IT SUCH A COMPLETLEY WASTE OF TIME, IT IS A MIXTURE OF CULT CLASSICS/CRAP IT IS THAT BAD, ITS GOT GOOD GUN SHOOT OUTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE BUT MAN THIS IS SO SO SO AWFUL JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS NOT RECCOMMENDED 2 WATCH IT IS SO SO SO BAD, JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS THAT BAD......
½ August 12, 2014
There's little interest value in the storyline to this sequel, although if you're an Angelina Jolie fan this first proper outing for her on the big screen holds some, although she's clearly still learning her trade here.
May 27, 2014
It should be total and utter crap, because well... I mean just look at it. But actually, Elias Koteas saves this film, and Jolie is not as terrible as you'd expect either. Jack Palance has a good, if daft turn as well. No, the weakness here is not where you'd expect it, it's in the plot and the action which slows to a crawl at times, thinking it's "Blade Runner" when it's more like "Barb Wire". Still, it's entertaining enough and even though Billy Drago is shite, he does entertain in a campy sort of way. One to watch either intoxicated or with friends or both.
March 13, 2014
A renegade cyborg assists a young female fugitive cyborg and her trainer, to escape premature termination.
November 18, 2013
The film is set far into the 21st century where large corporate wars rage on earth. To fight these battles, the ultimate killing machine was invented. Now the second are trained to do what their predecessors could not: deceive, destroy and survive.

stars Angelina Jolie, Jack Palance, Elias Koteas, Billy Drago, Robert Dryer, John Durbin, Allen Garfield, Renee Griffin and Linus Huffman.

directed by Michael Schroeder.
½ August 5, 2013
im a little bit half the middle of the movie and even though ive read some reviews and heard how horrible people fond it.. I must say I´m enjoying it so far.. I have seen almost all of Angelina´s films and i can say honestly that for me this will not go down as one of her worst performances.. I think the movie was poorly made, poorly casted and poorly produced, but about Angelinas performance for her first film, I dont see it as anything to be ashamed of.
½ April 19, 2013
Ever wanted to see a young Angelia Jolie as an ass kicking female cyborg? Well if you ever did this is the movie for you. Other than that this doesn't have a whole lot going for it, other than some decent performances by Jack Palance,Elias Koteas and Billy Drago. Everything else in this low budget sci fi cheese fest kinda sucks ass. The plot is kinda all over the place and the action is few and far between. Being a sequel to the 1989 Martial arts action movie starring Jean Claude Van Damm this film is pretty sub par compared to the action packed original. Some positives is that this had some interesting lighting in some parts and the few fight scenes weren't too bad. Another positive is that you get to see a very sexy Angelia Jolie before she become a total anorexic corpse and still had some of her sexy baby fat. Its also painfully obvious that Angelina Jolie and Elias Koteas were way too good for this movie and in a way you could tell they felt that way by how they acted during some of the scenes.Elias Koteas kinda played a lazy version of his usual charming badass self, which was a disappointment to me as a fan of his. Jack Palance did one of his many 400 I need a paycheck roles (which at his age you'd think he could have saved a dime or two) but he does a good job playing himself as usual. Billy Drago is his usual creepy self which takes no effort at all so he made for a decent bad guy, but he seemed to be slumming it and kinda playing this half assed like everyone else.
I think that this film would have benefited from having some actual martial arts stars in this because this wasn't meant to be a dialog driven movie. The two leads being not being trained in martial arts are very sloppy with their action scenes, and it shows big time. If you're looking for a non stop action fest like the first one you'll be disappointed, but you want a cheesy mid 90s sci fi time waster then this would be good enough if you can netflix instant watch it.
March 4, 2013
It's the early hours of morning and I was in the mood for some bad science fiction. The upcoming Astron-6 movie, Manborg has had be exited recently and so I wracked my brain for something cheesy. Cyborg came to mind but then I thought "nah, not crap enough" and so naturally I chose Cyborg 2 instead. It's been years since I've seen it and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. With a credible cast (for a b-grade flick) like Angelina Jolie, Elias Koteas, Jack Palance & Billy Drago it also boasts some impressive miniature landscapes and affective action sequences. The movie itself bares no relation to the first movie except for a few flashback dream sequences featuring Van Damme. I reckon part 2 looks better than part 1 but with no story relation its stupid to compare. In fact it's stupid to even write about this one at all... its a movie none of you will race to see but perhaps you might find it in a bargain bin some day for $1 in which case it's worth every cent. LOL Hmmm... almost 3am and I'm still not tired. I might watch Cyborg 3. Hahaha!
½ January 2, 2013
Angies 2 worst movie!
½ September 28, 2012
Not bad sequel. Anjelina Jolie`s first big screen role.
½ September 11, 2012
I'm a fan of what most people probably think of as rubbish sci-fi if it's done well. This film was pretty good for what it was, a low budget flick. It had a decent enough story and the cast could act, which helped alot. the effects were not as bad as i feared so this film is very watchable.
½ August 27, 2012
I liked Angelina in it but I have to admit she was really the very best part
August 14, 2012
Angelina Jolie gets her big break in Cyborg 2, a poorly make and generic sci-fi thriller. In this indirect sequel, a cyborg that's been created to be the ultimate weapon is given a chance at freedom by a hacker named Mercy. The acting is especially bad, but it could just be a result of the bad writing (the dialog is particularly atrocious). Additionally, the directing is amateurish and the music is generic tripe. Cyborg 2 is an uninspired, unoriginal B-movie that doesn't put forth much effort.
½ July 5, 2012
Why 30% and not 0% (the rating this movie really deserves)? I'll explain: 15% for making me laugh with some of the worst dialogues I've ever heard, the bad special effects, and the even worse acting. 14% for Elias Koteas' rough charm. And finally 1% for Angelina Jolie's courage: since the beginning of her career (this was her first movie), we can see she isn't afraid on going completely nude if that's necessary. Good for you, Angelina!
½ April 18, 2012
This was a real disappointment. It had potential, but they just didn't pull it together. I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief, the story was predictable and the outcome was mundane. Doesn't deserve an R rating either for that matter.
April 13, 2012
I can't believe I sat thru this whole thing and actually didnt mind
½ February 8, 2012
nothing like the original, the story was shit and couldnt decide what it should be but the actors were all pretty kool.