Da Sweet Blood of Jesus Reviews

• Jun 09, 2020

While obviously flawed, after seeing the abysmal audience score, I was expecting one of the worst films I'd ever seen. Instead I got an effective vampire flick with boosts of adrenaline, quirky humor, and an original allegorical perspective, shaping itself as just as much an addiction drama as it is monster movie horror, and spiritual existential reawakening. The movie's pretty bleak, explicit, and depressing as well as overlong, I found it original and enertainingly subversive. Just know it's not for everyone and it isn't anything amazing. 7.75/10.

• Mar 16, 2020

La variation de Spike Lee par rapport au film de vampires n'est pas dénuée d'intérêt tant elle regorge de tout ce qui fait de l'oeuvre du newyorkais. Les expérimentations visuelles presque hors de propos sont présentes, les longues plages de dialogue et de silence aussi, comme quelques uns de ses acteurs fétiches (Rami Malek & Thomas Jefferson Byrd sont évidemment présents, le premier étant excellent dans un rôle en total contre emploi). Cependant, Da Sweet Blood of Jesus est aussi une oeuvre excessive, à l'image de Bamboozled, mais sans le côté contestataire et quasiment méchant de l'auteur. Ici, Da Sweet Blood of Jesus est juste un conte sur l'addiction, efficace la plupart du temps mais qui lorsqu'elle se plante en devient presque un pensum.

• Jun 28, 2019

There's enough there to make it watchable, if you generally enjoy Lee's work. It's probably twenty five minutes too long. Reminds me of the style from Kubrick's Barry Lyndon - a long character epic of a social misfit.

• Dec 01, 2016

Interesting at the very least. Not as bad as people here say it is.

Interesting at the very least. Not as bad as people here say it is.

• May 27, 2016

KINDA HARD TO FOLLOW THE STORY BUT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN BECAUSE I ONLY WATCHED THE SCENES WITH RAMI IN IT

• Apr 07, 2016

• Jan 30, 2016

An attempt at a disturbing vampire movie but ends up coming off weirdly racist and needing five hundred less sex scenes

• Jan 11, 2016

NO plot really just disgustingly realistic blood drinking

NO plot really just disgustingly realistic blood drinking

• Dec 08, 2015

Top notch film. I have watched this 5 times and every time I discover something new. This is an excellent film that one either gets or one doesn't and I get it. The British actress is absolutely brilliant in it. Love the London accent. Brilliant.

• Oct 02, 2015

This movie was too fuckin weird in the right way for me not to like it. The thing that bothered me about it most was the music. It took something horrifying and gave it a sense pleasantness and or romance which was fucked up in a different way entirely but not in a way I fully appreciated so I have real mixed feelings about this movie but I didn't hate it.