Dabangg - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dabangg Reviews

December 25, 2011
Full-On entertainment. I haven't seen the public appreciate, applaud or whistle so much all through any movie. The excitement of the fans says enough...
½ December 18, 2011
Not bad but pretty old style story. Tired of watching heroes as super heroes. Give me a break and show me some normal human hero
½ December 12, 2011
1 time watch & Salman steals the show again... dialogues are rib tickling & Sonakshi Sinha is the red rose.
December 9, 2011
Most of the film is fairly routine but well done however when Salman Khan plays Uttar Pradeshi's uber-machismo to the hilt it's a blast. And the action sequences are gloriously ridiculous. There's just not enough of those elements though, and the film drags a bit when they are absent.
November 26, 2011
Good movie and great songs.
November 5, 2011
Entertainment- 100% All those who want to see a story/good cinema should not venture anywhere this side. It seems like hindi cinema has got it's Rajnikant.
½ October 27, 2011
stupid film by a stupid fatass. :P
October 15, 2011
EnjoYed with Blue-Ray-print, fantastic.!!
½ September 21, 2011
I am not very fond of action movies but I must admit that the action scenes were excellently shot and the special effects were brilliant. The actress is very beautiful. She is definitely talented. The setting is nice. Music okay, especially the title song. Salman Khan has a very good sense of humour...haha...
September 10, 2011
It was ok. He turns into the Hulk near the end :S
½ August 21, 2011
watch it only for salman.
August 4, 2011
Kudos for bringing back bollywood hero bk :)
½ July 17, 2011
Salman Khan appears watchable in few shots, and also Sonakshi sinha,

But apart from that the movie was made to collect Revenues from the Class of Audiences in India Living Behind Poverty Line like Rickshaw and Taxi Drivers, Industrial Wagers, Street Vendors etc....
June 28, 2011
gotta love salman khan in these kinda roles!! brilliant movie! luking forward to the 2nd 1!!
June 17, 2011
A Review of SALMAN KHAN DABANGG

Those were the Days!

I remember walking out of the theatre many times back in 80s/90s feeling like a HERO?, walking with a swagger, giving THE stares to strangers, ready to bash anyone who dare cross my path (Dostana, Laawaris of AB come to mind, Hukumat/Ghulami of सड?ड 3/4 धर (R)ि,दर or even a Ghayal from Sunny). In fact after watching SHAKTI? I was so bloody enamored that I managed to picked up an argument with my dad (got bashed up in return) just to prove that I am no less than AB. Even Hollywood has had its share of Cops movies which have given us similar emotional HIGH many a times. The frequency of those emotions has reduced a lot these days as the filmmakers of today try to discover new ways to be different and actors of today need the crutches of good script/story (J). Not that the filmmakers of films mentioned above were any less talented, it was just that the need of the viewers were exactly these films. Today we as an audience need variety, an intelligent story and screenplay, well trained/rehearsed actors and nice clothes, sculpted bodies and what not. So many genres have blossomed over the last 5 years and sometimes one longs to go and see the reruns.

Actors too have changed over the years; they are well aware of the needs of the audience and invest time and effort on each and every aspect of filmmaking. Definitely this is a great trend and we are seeing some interesting movies come up. We see actors/stars of the caliber of Shahrukh and Aamir sculpt their bodies for films apart from the investment they make in remaining aspects of filmmaking. The amount of marketing Aamir did for 3 idiots was beyond anyone(TM)s imaginations and result was everyone to see. All these guys have had to rediscover themselves, adapt to reach the pinnacles of success.

However, one actor has not changed at all, he was a Brat on screen then, he is a Brat today; Our Good Old (now 43) DABANGG SALMAN. With those Greek God looks, the devil may care attitude had impressed me then and it blew me up in DABANGG today. The film is unabashedly a SALMAN showcase and he carries it off with lan. He is there in almost every frame and when he is not there you feel like walking off. Trust me it is much better than WANTED and is definitely more engaging and dare I say, there is definitely a semblance of a story and script is not 100% flawed. Despite being Salman fans, I and Gita had considered walking out many time during WANTED, but walking out was the last thing on our mind during DABANGG. Please do not go looking for authenticity of the Indian Village (PEEPLI LIVE) or consistency in any other character apart from Chulbul Pandey. The story moves from a Fight to a Song to a fight and then to a song once again with many Witty and earthy one liners thrown in. All the actors are in a Blink and you miss roles, except probably Sonu Sood, Arbaaz Khan (being a producer, how can we keep him out) and off course the new comer Sonakshi Sinha and in that order too. Sonu Sood does try to hold his ground but Arbaaz is a disaster, but I have a feeling that it has to do with the way his character was written. Sonakshi is definitely taller than Salman and may have an actor hidden somewhere inside her. However she needs to do a lot of Toning if she wants to act in a movie where Salman is not the hero. Sonu Sood did not look menacing enough however he did build up his body. However, all of it comes to naught once our own man(TM)s Shirt is literally blown up in the wind of emotions.

The Songs are definitely peppy and (R)?न?न बदन 3/4 (R) ह? is surely one of the highlights, in fact all the songs will definitely work for the repeat audience as will the witty dialogues.

Another thing, look out for the Sarees that Dimple Kapadia is wearing, each of them is worth more than 10K or at least that is what Gita tells me. I think the filmmakers forgot to remember that she was a mother based in a UP Village and designers probably would not have reached there. But who cares anyway...

I read some critics mentioning, leave your brains and home, however, I will advise you to take all your brains there, look for reasons and consistency and everything, you may not find these but still you will not feel bad and you will overlook everything because of our man Salman Khan.

One last thing, I am sure while every actor/star works hard for movies but one thing is clear all other actors are (R)>द,र today there is only one real reel HERO and he is SALMAN KHAN DABANGG
June 11, 2011
The most entertaining bollywood blockbuster of the summer,2011. Enjoy the action cuz thats what this movie is all about!
½ June 6, 2011
really good movie.... love churbul pandy's acting... lol...
May 29, 2011
Wondering how this movie turned out to be a smashing hit in first place and how did it beat the collection of '3 Idiots' ..Well I got the answer if a movie like Rajini's 'Robot' can break Dagangg why not this one take over '3 Idiots'
½ May 28, 2011
Even though the actions were like incredible hulk but i enjoyed the movie very much. This movie is made only for Salman. I cant see any other actor enacting this character. He enacts the badass robin hood pandey with sincerity. New comer Sonakshi Sinha is pretty has ability to do better job in the future if she is smart enuff to pick good stories. Songs are in these movie is melodious and really good. i thought it was a kick ass movie.
May 28, 2011
entertained all the way. for once, Salman Khan is awesome here. the action is crappy bollywood crap but the songs are catchy.Salman Khan brings something new the hero genre in bollywood.