Daddy Long Legs Reviews

• Jan 31, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Jan 01, 2018

There are some aspects of the film that don't age well, including the age difference between Judy and one of her suitors who seems old enough to be her actual father, but that is to be expected with a movie that is almost 100 years old. Overall, while Pickford was excellent, I feel Nielan would be better suited to making a film for the likes of Keaton or the other slapstick kings of the era rather than the "girl with the curls"

pickford plays yet another orphan

pickford plays yet another orphan

• Aug 10, 2013

The film was funny and a sweet love story, only it got a little boring sometimes and the two halves of the story (at the orphanage, then at college) seemed quite different to me.

• Aug 10, 2013

This was my first Fred Astaire movie I remember seeing. It was this movie that I fell in love with Fred and his dancing.

• Aug 10, 2013

TCM plays silent films at Midnight 2 or 3 times a week. This is one of my favorites! Mary Pickford is exceptional!

• Aug 10, 2013

Pickford is winsome. The whole package is less icky than it could have been.

Pickford is winsome. The whole package is less icky than it could have been.

• Aug 10, 2013

When cradle-robbing was still socially acceptable. I just adore Mary Pickford. It's Unamerican not to. She's like baseball, apple pie, and corvettes all roled into one (paraphrased from Docthanial Smith's epic pamphlet, "Armorica for All, Armorica for Many, Armorica for Any, Armorica for Sale").

• Aug 10, 2013

Surprisingly fun and funny.

Surprisingly fun and funny.

Excellent; but the book is better