Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. Reviews

½ May 14, 2016
Better than the original, Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D retains the fun and exciting nature of the first Daleks film, but fails to fix the faults of the previous film.
½ March 7, 2016
It's not good "Doctor Who", but it's better than the first "Dr. Who". The characters aren't handled that well, but at least they're not incredibly cheese. The Daleks get annoying and don't come off threatening. Some plot progresses just pop off at random. Dumb fun, decent characters and cast.
January 22, 2016
this movie has class and I enjoy it.
½ January 11, 2016
Although this is a vast improvement over the first non-canon Doctor Who film, it doesn't get beyond "meh"
May 30, 2015
this is one of the rare times where the sequel is better than the first pic.
½ May 18, 2015
The movie has a great story, special effects and characters. It is awesome.
January 19, 2014
Suprisingly Excellent
November 26, 2013
This Sequel (That's Also A Remake Of A Doctor Who Serial), Is Better Than It's Predecessor, It Has A More Cinematic Feel & Captures The Adventure A Lot Better. This May Be Because The Plot Is Better. Peter Cushing Replaces Hartnell Once Again To Remake The Story, "Daleks Invasion Of Earth". Here The Doctor And His Crew Must Face The Daleks In The Year 2150 A.D. As They Try To Dominate The Future Earth. Performances Are Better Due To A Better Script & Plot, It Does Has Some Unintentionally Funny Moments. What Is Produced Is An Above Average Film, Which Entertains.
November 23, 2013
good fun dr who movie was an unofficial dr who but the bbc used the darleks afterwards from the movie as thay were a better quality than the bbc ones plus the plot has been asimalated into more modern dr whos .
August 2, 2013
not a really good Doctor Who spin off!
June 17, 2013
Better than the other movie, but nothing to remember
May 4, 2013
Dalek's Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. is the succesful sequel to the previous film Dr. Who and the Daleks. I guess I should go on record and admit that I'm not the most fanatical Dr. Who fan. I have watched the show and I enjoyed it when I did, but I'm a die-hard fan or anything. I also (as of this writing) haven't seen this sequel's predecessor, but I'm told that it doesn't matter, so I'll go with that. Overall, I kind of enjoyed the movie, although I was bored a lot of times with it. I think some of the tone of it was aimed more at children than adults, which is no surprise, being that the film was a big hit with kids in the U.K. The story also wasn't all that much about Dr. Who himself, although I do enjoy Peter Cushing's performance. It bothers me a little that he literally calls himself Dr. Who instead of The Doctor, but whatever. The film is definitely dated and doesn't hold up that well, but if you're a Dr. Who fan or you're a fan of old school science fiction, you'll dig it.
February 23, 2013
Honestly for a story that bases off one from the 1st Doctor (William Hartnell) Era I liked it, Not only were the Daleks Deliciously Technicolored by rank, we get to see more of their tech, power, I also love the way how they portrayed the "Robomen" than they did in the show, don't get me wrong, my heart is with the series, but honestly Peter Cushing makes an amazing Doctor, if there was an extra regeneration between 1 and 2 I would make Peter Cushing that regeneration. The girl who played Susan was absolutely adorable. Too bad they never got to the 3rd film
December 23, 2012
For the film at the time it was done it is a good film, but todays standards its not good. Its worth seeing once
November 17, 2012
I like the look and feel of the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies, but they are fairly boring from a story point of view.
½ November 15, 2012
A disgrace to the original show.
November 11, 2012
Camp and... that's it really. The superior TV serial was a plot-meanderer, but it doesn't work as a film. And it's very, very tacky.
August 5, 2012
The On Her Majesty's Secret Service of the Doctor Who world, the two Peter Cushing-Dalek films have seen occasional reappraisal that labels them as "coolly kitsch" or "lovably camp". In reality, of course, they're complete pants.

The Doctor Who TV series actually had a considerable integrity, despite being made on a budget of 50p and never managing to shake off the "Kid's Telly" tag. Here Cushing plays the Doctor of the title, his surname actually becoming "Who". The Tardis, his sophisticated space-time machine, is now "Tardis", a naff-looking thing with a Yale lock on the door. Around the time this was made a "Carry On" actor would do his only television work in the Doctor Who series " Peter Butterworth as the Meddling Monk. For the film we got Bernard Cribbins as P.C. Tom Campbell, a similar character to the one that married the Doctor's granddaughter on TV. Though as the film Susan is only ten that would be inappropriate here.

Both films (the other " Doctor Who and the Daleks, Cushing joined by Roy Castle) were based directly on actual TV stories, the novelty being they were in colour. By the time the second came around the novelty was over and it didn't do the business of the first, despite being someway the better film. Perhaps this is because the original serial " The Dalek Invasion of Earth " was an attempt to mount a film's epic scale on a TV budget. To this end it transfers better to the medium, and its setting (future Earth as opposed to the first film's alien planet Skaro) is more accessible to audiences.

The big failure is, of course, send-up. Some of the series' b-movie concepts (mutated nuclear war victims get robot-armoured shells and invade Earth to steal its core) are ludicrous, but played straight can be rewarding. The films make a mockery of the whole concept, showing a total lack of respect for their source material. My advice is: if you don't like 'em, don't make 'em. Bearing in mind the Daleks were hot merchandise properties at the time, this is a cynical cash-in on the nation's youth. There's even a shameless product placement for Sugar Puff Cereals.

All involved are capable of better. Peter Cushing, respected in adult horror films, here opts for a no-effort parody of TV Doctor William Hartnell's performance. There is no trace of depth or consideration for the part he has chosen. Full credit does go to Ray Brooks, Andrew Keir and Philip Madoc for at least trying to take it seriously. Madoc was rewarded with four seperate roles in the television series, most notably as mad scientist Solon (1976) and The War Lord (1969). On the plus side, direction in terms of camera angles is actually very, very good, but is offset by incidental music so loud and outdated that it works against the mood entirely. Think SF drama with Carry On music and you're almost there.

Bright and colourful, (including a funky red Dalek) the film certainly has visual appeal. But the Daleks' voices, their volume increased considerably, are extremely grating. They also lack their trademark warmth and charm, being little more than robots. Their weaponry was scheduled to be flame-throwers, but was disallowed due to the young audience. This is perhaps fortunate as their gas sprays aid the Nazi allegory. Best bit? The exploding shed.

Trite jazz, lame comic setpieces and binliner outfits, the film is on TV virtually every Bank Holiday in England. And you know the strangest part? As bad as it is, come next Bank Holiday I'll probably be tempted to see it again.
May 25, 2012
I first saw this movie as a kid back in the 80's....it's not as good as the series or the Daleks deserve but it's better than the first film and should be enjoyed as a solid bit of cult british sci-fi......audiences raised on Independence Day and Aliens may not be impressed but for anyone who grew up with those menacing tin cans then this will be enjoyable if not fantastic....
February 9, 2012
If you are a true lover of Scifi you can't miss this movie I remember watching it on a Saturday afternoon as a kid it was good then, and is still good now. "it what all Scifi should be"