Dallas Buyers Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dallas Buyers Club Reviews

April 3, 2017
Very good movie about how we deal with death. Do we give up or do we fight? Back in the 80's there were no drugs for AIDS yet. So this guy had to figure out how to survive without it. Very emotional movie.
March 23, 2017
Bicara tentang film ini, banyak tulisan yang menganggap bahwa adaptasi kisah nyata ini dinilai terlalu berlebihan, terutama pada sosok Woodroof. Terserah buat saya, bila film ini dianggap terlalu melebih-lebihkan realitanya. Tetapi, usaha Woodroof untuk mencari alternatif bagi kesembuhan virus HIV, perlu diacungi jempol walau hanya sebatas film ini.
March 14, 2017
This was a very good film. Very powerful . Crazy what people had to go through.
March 3, 2017
Could be a masterpiece but the directing isn't top-notch
½ February 28, 2017
Good acting.
Story line about eventual acceptance of more drugs to treat AIDS.
February 27, 2017
the best of the bunch - by bunch i mean oscar hungry films - could have had a better ending tho
February 26, 2017
Great movie and McConaughey is excellent.
February 25, 2017
Matthew McConaghey and Jared Leto are ridiculous in this movie. I didn't even realize it was Leto until after the movie. McConaughey gets so scrawny that he looks unhealthy and that he could pass out and die at any moment. They both transformed and made the movie for me. A heartbreak movie as well.
½ February 24, 2017
Dallas Buyers Club does something that is very rare in movies now-a-days. It forces you to love the most unlikeable characters. The emotion and hardship that Ron Woodroof had to endure is a movie all in itself and with Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto's extremely memorable performances it is definitely not one to forget.
February 23, 2017
As much as I wanted Leo to win, McConaughey proved that he was just as worthy with this very real and dedicated performance. Definitely his best. Jared Leto fearlessly hopped into a role most would be uneasy about and also deserved his oscar. The story is good and it sheds an important light on the corruption of the FDA. A worthwhile movie for people to see.
February 22, 2017
A heart breaking, yet slightly uplifting story that has stellar performances from McConaughey and Leno, but also seems like a lot of its build up leads to nowhere.
February 20, 2017
God damn it's terrible, I don't know how he won the best Actor award, it's just terrible.
February 11, 2017
Stunning McConaughey.
February 5, 2017
Dallas Buyers Club is a great movie, no matter from what perspective. Great character development, top acting and a good direction make this a very appealing movie, no matter the difficult topic.
January 30, 2017
One of the best drama films of the year. Acting and story was great.
½ January 16, 2017
Dramatic depiction of the harsh reality of AIDS and its impact on the victims in the 80s. Matthew McConaughey was phenomenal. His weight loss only equalled by Christian Bale in the Machinist. A career best performance by one of my favorite actors.
January 7, 2017
Matthew McConaughey's performance, along with the story, though a bit dramatic, depicted life of an HIV patient vividly. A must-watch.
½ December 29, 2016
well acted is the main thing especially by jared leto. also insightful into the way the health system works.
December 23, 2016
This is why we make films (despite the enormity of pursuing such, among a world with so many other fundamental concerns)- a film you can feel, great power, beautiful performances.
December 15, 2016
Fantastic movie with awesome acting.