Dallas Buyers Club Reviews

• 2d ago

I think it's overrated. The story kind of dragged a bit. There's about one hour worth of story stretched into 2 hours of a movie. Worth seeing at least once. I probably wouldn't see it again.

• Sep 20, 2020

Dallas Buyers Club is about an electrician, Matthew McConaughey, living in Texas who contracts the AIDS virus and is told by his doctors that he only has 30 days to live. He looks for other alternatives to help stop or slow down the disease. He works around the system to help AIDS patients get the medication they need, one of them being Jared Leto. Jared and Matthew both deserved their Oscars, great performances who brought the attention to a deadly disease. Jennifer Garner and Greg Zahn round up the supporting cast and bring the story to a broader perspective and how the FDA controls all methods of food and drug in our country. Definitely deserved a Best Picture Nomination.

• Aug 10, 2020

Gotta admit that the acting, directing, editing made on this film is everything here but the story really didn't stand out to me. As interesting as it is, it merely interests me but curiosity got the best of me finishing the whole film. It is repetitively dry, the story only circulates on one aspect. It doesn't venture new scenarios.

• Jul 30, 2020

B+ 8/10 ........... ... ..

B+ 8/10 ........... ... ..

• Jul 25, 2020

Its a very good movie, with memorable performances from Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey.

• Jul 24, 2020

Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto are faultless in their portrayals of Ron and Rayon. The former, despite being a difficult character to like, still manages to spur the film forward - a difficult feat that is pulled off masterfully. If you enjoy this film, you may also enjoy the Chinese film '我不是药神'.

• Jul 23, 2020

Actors losing weight and altering appearances along with being a message flick always makes me question the reviews. I think I was right to question this one.

• Jun 28, 2020

This film is very very good, excellent even. Superb acting throughout that actually resulted in my connecting with characters (which happens not at all often) and immersed you into the film. The story was very interesting, though I did find decisions by characters unrealistic (eg a doctor going against medical trials) . This however didn't hinder nor heavily damage the film and can be easily overlooked. The production of the film is first class and nothing else needs to be discussed in this area- it was all outstanding. All resulting in an excellent film that is a must watch.

• Jun 28, 2020

Dallas Buyers Club has a reasonable story, brilliant acting, good dialogue, solid cinematography, and a decent soundtrack. Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto especially had outstanding performances. The pacing was fine, and the film didn't feel overly long. However, I can see how people would find parts a bit repetitive as the film is mostly Ron selling drugs to his 'patients' whilst having health complications causing him to keep going back to hospital. It provided an interesting insight into the American health system at the time and was an entertaining and unfortunate tale.

• Jun 23, 2020

A real life story that's affecting and crude but sometimes overstretched, that's anchored by career best performances from Jared Leto and Mathew McConaughey.