Dancehall Queen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dancehall Queen Reviews

December 28, 2012
GREAT JAMACIAM FILM !!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2012
absolutely love this film!
½ April 21, 2012
good crime drama but its no 'the harder they come'
April 4, 2012
love this movie thats where i got my moves
½ March 31, 2012
Great movie! It is like a ghetto Cinderella story in Jamaica!
August 21, 2011
I hate reggae music, so I should have known better than to even attempt watching this, but the synopsis made it sound interesting so I figured I'd give it a shot. Turned out I watched less than ten minutes of it because the dialogue is impossible to understand and there are no subtitles. Don't waste your time.
July 29, 2011
Not bad, not bad! Tried watching it without subtitles, which was less difficult than I thought.
½ May 26, 2010
Horrible, yet somewhat entertaining
½ February 8, 2010
Can't stop watching it
February 5, 2010
So good. Actually a real feel-good movie with great dancehall music!
October 22, 2009
one of my best movies
August 12, 2009
This is a good movie it shows the struggles and hardship most Jamaicans go through. Its a good movie and i recommend it.
lesleyanorton
July 22, 2009
FIrst feature film by Don Letts, English DJ and the man responsible for introducing reggae to the British punk scene. The plot is a simple cinderella story ...non-descript beer seller makes good as dancehall queen and escapes the bad guys. - and there's strong accents and basic acting, but there's also colourful directing, infectious music, eye-watering costumes and outrageous dancing. Yummy.
July 14, 2009
A HILARIOUS true backka yard films ...SICK =D !!
June 13, 2009
this film is soooooooooooo good
½ June 2, 2009
A must see with a strong plot. I had trouble with the english they speak but subtitle carried me thru.
½ May 25, 2009
I love this movie, the soundtrack is the best!!
½ March 31, 2009
This movie suprised me! It was actually quite good! I recommend it
½ February 27, 2009
it's really not that great, but i still love it.
January 14, 2009
love this movie. it has reggae, poverty, sex, violence, crime and best o all jamacain dancing!!!