26% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— Suburgatory: Season 3

Dancing At The Blue Iguana Reviews

Coxxie M

October 4, 2009
great boobs... dont watch for story
cosmo313
cosmo313

September 16, 2006
This film gives a very poignant, truthful, insightful, and artistic look into the world of exotic dancing. Great performances by a talented ensemble cast. Definitely worth a look or two.

November 6, 2010
It is mainly about five women who dance and make their living at a strip club called The Blue Iguana. The women seem to be looking for some kind of redemption of the sorts but I didn't find any or couldn't understand what was going on. Some of the women are shown as hysterical with no sense of self worth whatsoever and need to calm their nerves by indulging in alcohol and smoking ciggarettes.

There is one girl who seems sort of straight played by Sandra Oh who loves going to poetry sessions and becomes attracted to a guy there. Daryl Hannah is the worst in this picture because her character is pretty depressing and lost. Im not really sure what made her take on a role like this but embarrassing nonetheless. Meg Tilly's performance is also a very sad let down. Michael Radford's film is a disappointment and maybe his picture would have worked if he just sat down and really worked on a polished screenplay instead of trying to do a Robert Altman improvasational ensemble piece. Maybe Paul Thomas Anderson could have made this a little more enjoyable.

NOTE: Although I put down Darryl Hannah's perfomance her documentary "Strip Notes" is more gritty and fascinating then Radford's movie.
athenaserena
August 21, 2008
Sandra Oh was fantastic. Jennifer Tilly was crazy as usual. Confusing at times but erotic dancing was good.
MovieGuruDude72
July 18, 2007
A cheaper version of Striptease and only worth watching if you want to see a few celebrities, including Daryl Hanna, in the buff. Which isn't saying very much about the movie if that's its high point.
July 9, 2007
I was shocked to see Sandra Oh from Grey's on this stripper saga. Man, oh man. I have never heard of this in my life, until I was flipping through channels on HBO. Numerous strippers that work at the Blue Iguana that somehow, each have their own problems that need to be dealt with. However, as the time rolls on, each stripper's story, excluding Jennifer Tilly's, was boring and depressing. Surprisingly, she brings the movie flavor and spunk. A factor that was strongly needed to keep my attention. I'm sure this could hold the average male's attention, seeing as they aren't shy strippers.
e k.
October 7, 2012
I am not giving it a 4 or 5 because I wasnt satisfied with the information I got on each character. I wanted to know more about their background, I found them all to be very intriguing and very lost but I would have liked to have known more. And Daryl Hana filmwas freaking INCREDIBLE in this film. I think it was the best performance in her career. It was a very good movie, people who didnt like it are just being judgemental of the content.

November 6, 2010

May 25, 2011
An exercise in the abysmal, makes me glad I'm a Christian!
Michael C.
Emotional Factor: None
Intelligence Required: None
Essential Viewing: No

The Plot: Strippers deal with everyday life

My Take: This was terrible. Bad acting by some decently big names (Sandra Oh, Daryl Hannah, Jennifer Tilly, Kristin Bauer). The script was as boring as you can get. And it's a movie about strippers! I mean, you would think that it would at least be a bit exciting, but oh no, not at all. It drug on and on. I would not recommend this hookers with a heart of gold tale to anyone (unless you are really into name boobs, then you can mark some off your list with this crap).
wespierce1
March 20, 2005
This is one of those films that really makes you think. How does a person become involved in this profession? How do you deal with life's little roadblocks? How do you film a movie without a plot or storyline? WHAT?? Yes, it is true there was absolutely no plot or storyline for the actresses to follow. rather this film was an experiment of improvisation. Some actresses played roles that were believable and pulled your heartstrings (Sandra Oh) while others made you wish you were somewhere else (Darryl Hannah), but overall this movie was a success. I thought it was one of the most original and intriguing films in quite some time, and I believe if given the chance, it will become one of your favorites as well.