The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys Reviews

• Jun 30, 2020

The films tone does not work with some of the dark elements.

The films tone does not work with some of the dark elements.

• Sep 20, 2015

just OK period pic from the seventies

just OK period pic from the seventies

• Jun 14, 2015

Fine performances overcome unwanted and dizziyng animation.

Fine performances overcome unwanted and dizziyng animation.

• Feb 27, 2015

A waste of Jodie Foster's immense talent, coupled with poorly timed cuts to limited animation drags this coming of age drama down to nearly unwatchable. Aside from the ever so cute (and very young here) Jena Malone, there really is nothing to see here. Young alter boys making poor choices and doing dumb things with a backdrop of the superheroes they created and wish to be. Mostly moronic.

• Oct 14, 2014

Wow. Really quite brilliant. Very entertaining!

Wow. Really quite brilliant. Very entertaining!

• Jun 06, 2014

a really funny and great story of friendship...and the animation scenes were cool too.

• May 08, 2014

Okay the acting was good but oh my god this was so melodramatic. Like the ending was so over the top, I honestly laughed. Also the animation scenes were so unnecessary. Still, it's entertaining for what it was but comes off as extremely dull most of the time.

• Mar 05, 2014

This is a good movie. It shows how tough it is to grow up and the choices we make.

• Jan 12, 2014

shit happens. Art lives.

shit happens. Art lives.

• Sep 04, 2013

Wonderful acting by the kid who grew up into great actors in their own right. The live action story paired up with the cartoon story creates a lovely effect.