Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe Reviews

April 1, 2018
This movie adaptation of a three century old story completely deviates from its source material by favoring bad writing, acting and many clichés.
December 29, 2015
I watched this movie with moderately acceptable interest for the first hour. It has a kind of TV movie stink to it, but it's not horrible. Bland, yes; white savior-y, yes (but that might be from the source material which I've never read). Pierce Brosnan's beard changes constantly. On the ship before the boat crashes he has a kind of goatee and stache thing going, but no cheek hair, but after the crash he grows a full beard. Also he wakes up face down in the water. Fuck's up with that? Also his Jesus speech was a bit overcooked, and overall he's not entirely convincing. But still, it's okay, Maybe my opinion of the film is heightened because I'm comfortably relaxing in a Korean hotel, sitting on the heated toilet seat, receiving an incredibly satisfying bidet/enema from the toilet, which, all things considered, could make any film acceptable no matter how uninspiring it truly is.
November 24, 2015
Just watch Cast Away
May 11, 2015
Not one of the stories better retellings.....quite bad actually.
March 25, 2014
DVD version runs 90 minutes, opposed to the original 105. Watching the movie I am sure the extra 15 minutes would have helped. The Film seems unfinished somehow, with many pivotal moments missing. It never lives up to its potential, but there are signs of a good film in there, unfortunately they didn't "bring it" for this one.
February 24, 2014
Just love these desert island films - friday or wilson?
½ January 5, 2014
quite disappointing pierce rendition of the classic. friday wasn't impressive either. weak direction in general. probably someone's graduation project
January 1, 2014
This is one of the few films I disagree with critics on. A very worthwhile and rather heartfealt movie with some flaws.
December 28, 2013
Very unfaithful to the original book, and much the worse for it. Also a very inept and stupid movie in its own right. Don't bother.
½ October 31, 2013
La película hace por completo aun lado toda la historia de robinson y ni aun la actuación de pierce brosnan logra salvar la película
½ September 14, 2013
I rather enjoyed this movie... Makes me want to read the book again. I bet it's been 25 years since I read it.
September 12, 2013
Had to laugh when they showed the beach and there was a NO SWIMMING sign in one scene.....
October 11, 2012
very good movie. i love movies that deal with the absence of mankind rather than being overwhelmed by it.
½ June 24, 2012
A bit different kind of version of Robinson Crusoe.
½ May 23, 2012
An older style of an adventure movie. The story itself was ok. The acting was definitely aged, yesterdays drama style. Average all the way around.
½ April 17, 2012
The movie never takes a moment to slow down and explore its surroundings but the relationship between Crusoe and Friday works.
February 18, 2012
Loosely adapted from the novel , with such apologetic twists that defile the original Protestant spirit of the text. Nonetheless, it's worth watching .. Magnificent captures, grand scores and a gentle cast indeed!
February 4, 2012
This film is not enough for me
January 13, 2012
Robinson Crusoe staring Bronhom? Sign me up for this classic!
January 13, 2012
Nice performance from Pierce but I like the book better.