Reviews

• Aug 21, 2016

Truly amazing animated epic.. A must see! from reading the book too seeing a great depiction on the screen a master piece! of the highest quality! great film 5?

• Apr 28, 2015

Dante's Inferno transplanted from Renaissance Tuscany to a contemporary American city. Told, not with live actors but with paper cutouts. The concept sounds just plain weird but the result was quite entertaining. Dante's allegorical epic poem, The Divine Comedy, is a classic, this movie is a bit less than a classic film but if you liked the classic you will be likely to find this version of it interesting.

• Feb 23, 2015

Well that was an... interesting take on the classic old poem. I wish this story would get an epic crazy movie or miniseries adaptation...

• May 20, 2013

The animation is boring.

The animation is boring.

• Mar 30, 2013

Very Sick And Very Funny.

Very Sick And Very Funny.

• Feb 17, 2013

A really interesting take on Dante's classic divine comedy. Very entertaining and modern. Makes me want to read the book again.

• Dec 09, 2012

Interesting take on Dante's Inferno done via paper cut-out puppets and updated with more recent historical figures. At only 78 minutes long it's entertaining enough to keep you watching unless you're a neo-conservative hellbent against those "evil libtards." You may also dislike the near pretentiousness of such an art house endeavor or slightly bored by a sophomoric effort but I still found it to be vastly superior to many films I have been forcing myself to watch. It's a nice break from mainstream movies and many independent films.

• Aug 03, 2012

One of the most unique films I have ever seen, and fantastically done. A surprisingly captivating work of high art, which is quite a compliment considering the characters are paper cut-out puppets.

• Apr 16, 2012

I'm not really a fan of its political bias (which is basically "Kill all the Republicans!"), and some of it is too crude for me. But the puppet art style is amazing, the characters are funny, and it has really creative ways of updating Dante's punishments into a modern, city-like hell. I'd love to see them do Purgatory.

• Mar 10, 2012