Darbar Reviews

• Apr 28, 2020

• Feb 22, 2020

Darbar was a big disappointment. At best, a one time watch for Rajini. Even his acting was average compared to Petta.

• Nomad
    Jan 29, 2020

Good start and moving first half, second half on the contrary.

Good start and moving first half, second half on the contrary.

• Jan 27, 2020

• Arumugam S
    Jan 27, 2020

Awesome movie with Rajinikanth's style & action

Awesome movie with Rajinikanth's style & action

• Jan 25, 2020

As a Rajini fan I can safely say that this did disappoint but at the same time it did satisfy to a certain extent. The disappointment was in the dubbing area and also the the screenplay in the second half. First half was great and it flew by and had all the ingredients of what you would want in a Rajini movie apart from the dubbing. It really did put me off and after awhile it felt like I was watching a Hindi movie dubbed in Tamil! Why was this not taken care of? 200 crore budget they said, yet they missed this?? 🤔😒What happened to muragadoss?? I just can not fathom that the more I watch his recent films this is the same man who made Ghajini, Ramana and thuppaki. This did not feel like a muragadoss film at all, it felt so amateurish. The fight scenes would have been mocked if they came out 10 years ago! However, the railway station scene was entertaining and Rajinis mass and swag was on point. So coming to the other positives....well there's only one....and thats the "SUPER ONE!".....the one and only THALAIVAR RAJINI. Movie is all about this man, his style. his speed. the flicking of the sunglasses the walk oh what panache! he truly is such a pleasure to watch onscreen. The movie was full of "Rajinisms",.....but I think this was one of the reasons why the movie didn't work, I felt muragadoss was so into satisfying the fans, and he also got lost in his fanboy fantasy, he totally forgot about the story or any other aspects or characters in the film......apart from Aaditya Arunachalam. Yogi babu did a great job and truly hats off to Rajini sir for letting yogi not spare him at all! nayanthara was wasted, she comes and goes and then she totally disappears never to be seen again! Suneil shetty was the worst choice for the villian! the man was expressionless! We need a powerful strong villian against Rajini not a flaky good looking Bollywood actor who Is just now powerful enough against a lion of a protagonist like Rajini sir. We are used to seeing strong characters like Mark Anthony and neelambari against Thalaivar. Hari Chopra was not fooling anyone that he was the big bad wolf! Music by anirudh was sub par and not on the levels of petta although the bgm deserves a mention although it did get noisy after a period. Thara Maara Single was a treat to watch as Thalaivar seemed to be having fun and enjoy himself. That's the thing in this movie, it's just a pure delight to watch superstar enjoying himself....and he just seems to be having fun onscreen, and ultimately I guess thats what his die hard fans expect from him, although, a large potion of us also expect a strong story and most important of all, as I mentioned before, a strong villian is essential in a Rajini movie. This was the biggest drawback in the film. Santoshi Sivan's lens must be mentioned as he has done a wonderful job in making all the characters look great onscreen, even yogi looks good! Editing could have been choppier. So overall I'm giving this film a 3 stars and to be frank all 3 stars is for Rajini sirs effort and the technicians of the film apart from the director. Rajini sir was truly great, it is amazing a man at his age can have so much energy, and the gym scene is a testament to a dialogue which he mouths in the film....saying age is just a number. The man carries this film on his strong shoulders, to be frank with any other star this film would have been totally lifeless and unbearable. So, at the end go and watch this commercial masala flick if you have not already.......for Rajini sirs screen presence and his infectious energy. CHUMMA KIZHI!!!!