The Darjeeling Limited - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Darjeeling Limited Reviews

December 13, 2015
Great film, favorite part is the flashback about their dad's care/ best dialogue: Peter laughs, Jack: which part are you at? Peter: Oh, no it reminded me of something completely unrelated.
½ December 8, 2015
The visuals are great but the story is empty and not interesting enough to follow through the end. Even though there are some funny scenes, the movie can't reach the standards which we usually see in Wes Anderson's films.
½ November 4, 2015
It is painful to see the self-indulgent work that Wes Anderson made here, so pretentious and concerned about style over substance. The visuals are outstanding but the empty story is pointless and tedious, drifting nowhere with unfunny humor and weird seriousness.
½ October 26, 2015
I both like and dislike Wes Anderson's style of filmaking. Specifically, I totally liked or disliked his movies I watched in the past. In this case, and for the first time, this hasn't happened. It has to be said that was a less extreme example of his talent, because I consider it anyway a talented director that sometimes exagerate. Not that is a movie with no excesses and normal, simply for that keeps its extravagancies under control better than other movies, and I appreciated it. But in the end I was not fully convinced that it was a really great movie.
½ October 19, 2015
Didn't love it, but still a fun experience! Wes delivers again.
September 8, 2015
A cute indie. Adrian Brody has become one of my favorite actors over the years. This is a charming little movie about 4 estranged brothers trying to find and connect with their estranged mother somewhere in India. Funny and poignant a definitely worth a watch.
½ September 4, 2015
La mejor banda sonora que han puesto a una película, super adecuada a cada emoción :)
½ September 3, 2015
Initially a disappointment, this has grown on me over time and is now one of my very favorite Wes Anderson films.
½ August 26, 2015
It's artistic simplicity in representing India and it's ability to warm you up inside is second to none. What this film needed was some inspiration from the country it's set in, some spice. Something relatively unexpected.
August 20, 2015
Slow and too talky at first; it took nearly half the film for something monumental to happen in order to command my full attention. Thankfully, in the end I felt rewarded for my patience and enjoyed discovering the bond between these three quirky brothers.
August 13, 2015
Wes Anderson's usual brand of bizarre humour, visuals, and some heart make The Darjeeling Limited mostly a winner regardless of somewhat customary dramatic scenes
August 13, 2015
One of my favourite films, and still, its only the SECOND best film of Anderson's in my opinion.
½ August 5, 2015
Wes Anderson is such a stylized director that you can not just stumble across his work without knowing what you are In for, this is just another in his cannon. It is not the best of his movies, but probably not the worst either. If you do not know or like Wes Anderson you should probably skip this one. On the other hand, if you like him, it is another one of his weird interesting movies.
July 24, 2015
Beautifully shot and Anderson's most immediately touching film, in my opinion. I loved it more than most I think, but I just think it's his most dramatically relatable film to date.
½ July 22, 2015
The technique of delivering effective non repetitive visual comedy is something to be truly admired.
June 29, 2015
A pretty looking and sounding movie chock-full of the whimsy, awkward moments and nice clothes so common to Anderson.
June 10, 2015
A lot better than expected! Another brilliant film by Wes Anderson. I loved everything about it especially Adrien Brody.
½ June 4, 2015
My personal favorite of flawless director Wes Anderson's films, it's message is as beautiful as the scenery of the film's setting.