The Darjeeling Limited - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Darjeeling Limited Reviews

½ May 25, 2016
This was really enjoyable. I know I over-rate Anderson films but it's because I highly enjoy both his visual sensibility and the quirky style of humanistic humour that's pervasive in his work. I also greatly admire Adrien Brody's acting--so taken together, even though this isn't considered one of his better efforts, it was 4.5/5 or 9/10 for me.
½ April 11, 2016
Gave this one a re-watch on Blu-ray recently, have to say that I've upgraded my initial impressions by a half-point from my original 'review' below:

Watched it this afternoon because it turned up from Netflix, though I'm not even sure when I added it to the queue to be honest. I enjoyed it, though I maybe would've enjoyed it more had I been specifically in the mood for Wes Anderson's typical navel-gazing brand of quirky characters.

Naked Natalie Portman in the little short film before the feature was a welcome surprise, even though I had seen stills on the web previously.

This is a film that's grown on my quite a bit and something I'd highly recommend.
½ March 15, 2016
Perhaps it was Anderson's intention from the beginning? This visually-refined, Indian-flavored ride travels through a railroad perpetually destined for unfinishedness. Little do we know about the Whitman brothers when Peter first manages to hop on the initial luxury locomotive and little do we know after they get on the Bengal Lancer. This by no means signifies that the audience is deprived of essential information: the brothers themselves' awareness of what happens in one another's lives is limited (no pun intended). But this subjective lack of character development lends 'Darjeeling' a special mystique; one word could accurately characterize it - 'confusing'. It fluctuates between 'pleasant' and 'annoying' as the unstable voyage it is, and perhaps it was, in fact, Anderson's intention from the start. All I can confirm is that the panoramic view so brightly displayed every few minutes on the screen is enough to make this dry flick worthwhile. Oh, and the fraternal bond too, I guess.
February 26, 2016
Una encantadora comedia, eh, ¿transrealista? Pocas veces he visto metáforas tan descaradas puestas, además, en su justa medida.
February 19, 2016
??????? ?????????? 2: ??????????
February 17, 2016
Although not as fast-paced and funny as his other films, Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited delivers a still quirky tale of three brothers in India as they escape the real world and deal with their father's passing a year prior. The film is still funny and each actor brings their character his separate quirk. A Wes Anderson flick that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
February 1, 2016
A truly beautiful picture in which Wes Andersons attention to detail and human interaction truly shines. We get a look at the landscape that is India and we see how this unique land changes a group of very different brothers (Wilson,Schwartzman,Brody) all classics of wes anderson film seeking enlightenment and a cure for their broken bond.
½ January 25, 2016
i love all things wes anderson....although i loose a liitle bit of interest in the second half. the cinematography is a feast for the eyes
½ January 17, 2016
Offered freshness and surprises, laughter and original storytelling.
December 22, 2015
I love the movies style of storytelling.How one event leads to another. Wes Andersons approach to this movie seems more mainstream in this particular movie. The acting is top class in my opinion. Worth a watch.
December 13, 2015
Great film, favorite part is the flashback about their dad's care/ best dialogue: Peter laughs, Jack: which part are you at? Peter: Oh, no it reminded me of something completely unrelated.
½ December 8, 2015
The visuals are great but the story is empty and not interesting enough to follow through the end. Even though there are some funny scenes, the movie can't reach the standards which we usually see in Wes Anderson's films.
½ November 4, 2015
It is painful to see the self-indulgent work that Wes Anderson made here, so pretentious and concerned about style over substance. The visuals are outstanding but the empty story is pointless and tedious, drifting nowhere with unfunny humor and weird seriousness.
½ October 26, 2015
I both like and dislike Wes Anderson's style of filmaking. Specifically, I totally liked or disliked his movies I watched in the past. In this case, and for the first time, this hasn't happened. It has to be said that was a less extreme example of his talent, because I consider it anyway a talented director that sometimes exagerate. Not that is a movie with no excesses and normal, simply for that keeps its extravagancies under control better than other movies, and I appreciated it. But in the end I was not fully convinced that it was a really great movie.
½ October 19, 2015
Didn't love it, but still a fun experience! Wes delivers again.
September 8, 2015
A cute indie. Adrian Brody has become one of my favorite actors over the years. This is a charming little movie about 4 estranged brothers trying to find and connect with their estranged mother somewhere in India. Funny and poignant a definitely worth a watch.
½ September 4, 2015
La mejor banda sonora que han puesto a una película, super adecuada a cada emoción :)
½ September 3, 2015
Initially a disappointment, this has grown on me over time and is now one of my very favorite Wes Anderson films.
½ August 26, 2015
It's artistic simplicity in representing India and it's ability to warm you up inside is second to none. What this film needed was some inspiration from the country it's set in, some spice. Something relatively unexpected.