The Darjeeling Limited - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Darjeeling Limited Reviews

August 20, 2015
Slow and too talky at first; it took nearly half the film for something monumental to happen in order to command my full attention. Thankfully, in the end I felt rewarded for my patience and enjoyed discovering the bond between these three quirky brothers.
August 13, 2015
Wes Anderson's usual brand of bizarre humour, visuals, and some heart make The Darjeeling Limited mostly a winner regardless of somewhat customary dramatic scenes
August 13, 2015
One of my favourite films, and still, its only the SECOND best film of Anderson's in my opinion.
½ August 5, 2015
Wes Anderson is such a stylized director that you can not just stumble across his work without knowing what you are In for, this is just another in his cannon. It is not the best of his movies, but probably not the worst either. If you do not know or like Wes Anderson you should probably skip this one. On the other hand, if you like him, it is another one of his weird interesting movies.
July 24, 2015
Beautifully shot and Anderson's most immediately touching film, in my opinion. I loved it more than most I think, but I just think it's his most dramatically relatable film to date.
½ July 22, 2015
The technique of delivering effective non repetitive visual comedy is something to be truly admired.
June 29, 2015
A pretty looking and sounding movie chock-full of the whimsy, awkward moments and nice clothes so common to Anderson.
June 10, 2015
A lot better than expected! Another brilliant film by Wes Anderson. I loved everything about it especially Adrien Brody.
½ June 4, 2015
My personal favorite of flawless director Wes Anderson's films, it's message is as beautiful as the scenery of the film's setting.
½ June 4, 2015
One of Wes Anderson's more dry films. The characters are enjoyably eccentric as usual, but the plot is surprisingly more simple and straightforward than his others. I'd also argue that this is his most "down to earth" film. While I did enjoy it, It didn't fill me with the same joy and happiness some of his other films have done, and I did find myself becoming a bit bored throughout. Worth a watch for Anderson fans.
May 25, 2015
This was the first film Wes Anderson made that really worked for me. All of his normal eccentricities are in place, but there is a great deal going on in this sort of road movie on rails. Three brothers try to sort through their messy lives and pull themselves through out of the grief of losing their father only to discover they've been trying to save each other from a shared grief for most of their lives.
May 13, 2015
Interesting in showing the relationship between brothers within the back drop of India. But not interesting enough to watch again.
½ May 8, 2015
Beautifully shot, but a weird film. Very slow , with flimsy plot.
½ May 8, 2015
Great movie. Anderson sets up another funny, smart, and emotional film with a great script, fantastic direction, and great performances from its three leads. The setting of India provides as a wonderful backdrop, and Anderson does a great job of using it in both a touristy way and a residential way.
½ May 4, 2015
I simply love the worlds Wes Anderson creates, and how specific he is about everyday moments.
½ April 28, 2015
Quirky, yet touching film about brothers bonding. What stands out is the beautiful and rich setting of the Indian country side. Not Wes Anderson's best movie but it is still good.
½ April 20, 2015
Loved it! beautiful colors and cinamatography. good acting. really interesting characters. very funny. smart movie. Thank you Wes Anderson for giving us another great comedy. :D

New Thoughts:
I love this movie. I think it's the most profound of Wes' films and terribly underrated. Super engaging and funny. Great music, as always. I like the mysteriousness about it and how you slowly put pieces together. It's kind of cathartic, isn't it? I love it.
½ April 17, 2015
Same director. No wonder the Hotel Budapest wasn't my cup of tea.