Dark Asylum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Asylum Reviews

½ July 28, 2012
Surprisingly intelligent, a cable favourite. Lots of deaths and gore, the killer looked scary (He's bald) The first scene in the sewer was scary, not a bad B-movie to say the least.
November 12, 2011
The best & only good thing about this movie was Larry Drake as The Trasher
July 2, 2011
An OK horror flick with descent scares.
June 14, 2011
The killer is really creepy.
½ May 28, 2011
Worst piece of shit I have ever seen in my life. Sucks more then Blair Witch 2 and Nine Lives...COMBINED. Terrible acting, illogical plot line that has empty holes everywhere within itself, not a single scary scene, etc etc. This movie gives absolutely no scares what-so-ever. I could have spend an hour and 40mins of my life doing some productive, but instead I got stuck with this garbage.

/rage
May 24, 2011
loved the concept, wishin there was more of a backstory on her dad!! And what happened to Judd Nelson? like i assume the dude ripped the key out, but like, he is just gone, and what about the other patients? A big, fully staffed asylum doesnt have one single other patient? like i get the idea the place is due to close, but why are they all there in the first place? Couldve been thought out better, but still, it was good.
½ June 20, 2010
Awful, barely survived the first half hour before giving up on it
½ April 19, 2010
Couldn't sleep last night, so I was flipping channels and this forgotten film came up on one of the HBOs.
I was up for the rest of the night trying to decide if Dark Asylum is the worst film ever made. It very well might be.
Everyone who stars in this movie deserves better. Even you, Judd Nelson.
YodaMasterJedi
½ February 17, 2010
this movie sucks balls
December 30, 2009
Wonderful thiller with a balls out, career making performance from Porizkova as a plucky psychiatrist in peril. Larry Drake does his best impression of Uncle Fester and gives us the most fuly realised, disturbing psycho killer since Hannibal Lector
½ August 23, 2009
2nd rate. Pretty lame.
November 10, 2008
I remember watching it, but I guess it was not that memorable. I assume I only watched it for Judd Nelson.
½ October 31, 2008
This film was actually quite good. Although Dr.Maggie can be very annoying, all the way through the film, but Quitz makes the film.

This also goes by the title of "Return To Death Row"
½ March 15, 2007
I really like Judd Nelson. . . pretty much only because of "The Breakfast Club". And I really like Larry Drake. . . pretty much only because of "Dr. Giggles". Those are the only redeeming factors of this. You can only possibly enjoy this film if you have no idea about plot development or if you can really, really suspend your disbelief. If you wanna have fun with it, just play Mystery Science Theater 3000 and make fun of it for all 94 or so minutes like we did.

If you're desperate and just want to have a good laugh and see some familiar faces, pick it up. But, seriously. . . don't expect anything.
½ December 26, 2004
Thriller marred by stale dialogue, plot loopholes and unhelpful stereotypes of people with mental health problems...