Dark Canyon (Ambush at Dark Canyon) Reviews

• Apr 25, 2014

140425: Started out ok but found the last 30 minutes a bit hard to take. Almost bought this movie but happy I couldn't find it. Modern B western using what someone thought was good music. Besides being just plain old bad western fare, the music was too modern and was overly loud compared to the rest of the soundtrack. This discrepancy forced me to adjust the volume constantly. Kix Brooks' (what the hell kind of name is that) bad acting shone through in the close ups near the end of the film. And the stupidly predictable "I'm gonna have to take you in" line of Ronnie Blevin's character Tom Sullivan crushed any hope I had of watching this film again. Timothy Murphy was unconvincing as he attempted to be Yuma prison's bad ass Warden. On a good note, I liked Luke Massy as the bowler wearing, Schofleld porting, villain Levi Harden. Love those top break revolvers. Fast to load when you have to steal bullets from the partner's you just ventilated. Sucks to be a minor character. Pretty good firearms' sound effects.

• Apr 15, 2014

Dark Canyon is a terrible western with a cheesy storyline and okay acting

Dark Canyon is a terrible western with a cheesy storyline and okay acting

• Mar 01, 2014

A mediocre western with unknown actors, poor active and predictable script. Looks more like a film school project to me.

• Dec 16, 2013

I rented this on xfinity On-Demand. Really entertaining western. I though it was great. Kix does well for what I suspect was his first movie. Tim Murphy and Ernie Hudson were great.