Dark Honeymoon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Honeymoon Reviews

½ August 21, 2008
I rented this because of the all star cast that included Roy Scheider, Tia Carrere, Daryl Hannah, and Eric Roberts. The reviews for this weren't that good but I decided to give it a shot anyways. I am glad I did because this wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be. Basically the story is told in the point of view of the groom and he is telling this story to try to convince the police that he didn't commit these horrible murders. Dark Honeymoon had a good story but the problem with it was that the ending didn't deliver and happened way too fast. For a thriller this had a lot of blood and gore in it. There's a bloody knife stabbing and a tire iron to the back. Most of the other deaths were basic or just not shown.

Dark Honeymoon is just ok. The scenery was great. They filmed this on the coast so there are plenty of scenes with the Pacific Ocean coast line. This does have some similarities to the movie Identity. I thought this was Roy Scheiderâ??s last movie but IMDB has one more film listed that he shot before his untimely death. I can only give this film a partial recommendation. It might make for a good rental but I wouldnâ??t buy it.
August 19, 2008
Not a bad suspense thriller!Good plot twist in the end.
August 15, 2008
The movie definitely had a twist at the very, very end. You begin to think one thing, and the movie totally proves you wrong. It's like... in the beginning, you don't know who the killer is, towards the middle you think you know who the killer is... and at the end... it's COMPLETELY different! Hahaha! This was a good movie overall... but I don't think I could sit through it again.
August 3, 2008
Completely creepy... Pretty good... And what a completely twisted ending....
½ July 31, 2008
It was pretty good...didn't end like I thought it would.
July 24, 2008
This movie borderlines on "waste of time". Wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good either.
July 23, 2008
Well acted, excellent plot line.
July 18, 2008
Rather obvious thriller, predictable and a bit extreme. The cast is decent to good. Story is not very likely and unconvincing. Fair.