Dark Side of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Side of the Moon Reviews

April 20, 2014
An interesting premise, could have been executed better.
January 6, 2013
Really a Well Done Movie With a Creepy Plot--An abject lesson in fear!!
December 21, 2012
A premise worthwhile is ruined by a painful attempt to recreate the suspense of "Alien" but instead shows the annoying sexual tension of a group of men that no-one can relate to. "The Dark Side of the Moon" is shot like a soup opera and flows like a direct to video flick. Though the special effects are delightfully camp, the amount of late 80's style references and characteristics make the experience feel anything but futuristic. We are left with the empty-shell-style of writing that says we should root for the pretty boy lead and wise-cracking old man counterpart only because we've rooted for these types before. Yet, we're given no real reason to feel anything for anyone. This creates an empty and fear lacking experience that makes the film trod on painfully for ages.
April 22, 2012
Enjoyable low budget Alien knock off as Space Satan enjoys himself on a spaceship.
½ September 19, 2011
An awesome concept, when I read about it I thought it sounded really, really cool but its such a jumbled mess. I don't mind the early 90s cheese, in fact I liked the feel of it as it was very much like Alien but the story is so convoluted you find it hard to actually grasp whats going on. By simply watching it you'll obviously understand but it fails to fully convey the point which is a real shame as like I said, its a cool concept that just fails to deliver. The entire paranoia of who is possessed now was cool as was the ending and closing scenes but aside from that its not great which is a real shame.
September 19, 2011
The scariest thing about this movie was the main character's mullet.
½ August 31, 2011
"Get away from me you mutha*****."

Synopsis: In 2022, a spaceship is stranded on the dark side of the moon, where the crew finds a 30-year-old shuttle that seems to be lifeless. Upon boarding to look for supplies, they find a corpse and an unrelenting evil that threatens to kill them all.

If ever one of those shlocky sci-fi films from the 50's and 60's were in development hell for 40 years and finally got the green light in the 90's, the final product would probably be alot like The Dark Side of the Moon. Once you see the interior of the featured spacecraft (named "Discovery" here, i think) you should know what your getting yourself into, i.e. a low-budget (and unbelievable) production supporting an amateurish fan fiction-esque script with rather untalented filmmakers on both sides of the camera.

In addition to just being flat out uninteresting work, the picture is also far too derivative. The director is obviously a fan of the 70's film Alien and the later Ridley Scott film Blade Runner (but who isn't), as there are many scenes that scream "Poser" and detract from the experience rather than add to it as the directer intended. I am not sure why projects like this one, where believability is not only crucial but requires a large sum of money to achieve, are green lit when the funds could be given to other "low maintenance" projects where location believability is less important and less tricky to do right. But i guess that's why i'm not in the industry.

Though the film isn't exploitative and actually shows some taste, The only thing The Dark Side of the Moon has going for it is it's title, it's The DARK SIDE not DARK OF THE MOON, get it right Michael Bay.
½ June 25, 2011
Corny, but entertaining, think 'ALIEN' where the Alien is Satan LOL!!!
½ May 21, 2011
legalább most már tudom, hogy a bermuda-háromszögbe elveszett hajók a hold söt (C)t oldalán kötnek ki, ráadásul az a sátán lakhelye. minden nap tanul valamit az ember.
½ May 18, 2011
Cheesy, but some genuinely suspenseful moments. I loved the final scene. Predictable, but I'm glad they still went through with it.
½ April 18, 2011
Pretty terrible 90's sci-fi. Exactly what you'd expect. A few cool FX here and there though.
March 22, 2011
While traveling to repair a nuclear armed satellite, SpaceCore 1 suffers a system failure on the dark side of the moon. They're losing oxygen as a result to this, but luck would have it when a deserted space craft called Discovery 13 drifts along in their direction. They dock with the ship to take it's resources. When they hook with the, I guess, air conditioning unit they suck in the air along with an ominous force to be reckoned with when it begins to possess each member of the crew.

While on the Discovery 13, they find a body with a triangle shaped marking on it. It comes alive and possess one of the crew by slamming their face into it's stomach. The main character of the film stumbles upon a link between the Bermuda Triangle and where they're broke down at. He finds out from Lesli, the actual human computer or she may be a robot. Or both!

It's discovered that the link between the Bermuda Triangle on Earth is both connected to the Moon. Many years of ships, planes have all been taken by the Bermuda Triangle, 665 to be exact, and placed on the Moon. SpaceCore 1, however, turns out to be the 666th ship to be stuck in the same category. How Ironic. The Mark of the Beast which so happens to be possessing everyone on the ship.

The devil runs amuck on the ship and when asked 'Why the Bermuda Triangle?' He laughs, 'Because it's convenient.'

This film and the Event Horizon share a lot in common and could be a perfect double feature. It is cheesy at times with it's low budget quality and bad acting, but it does surpass with it's story which is, of course, has been done before instead tweaked just a tiny bit.

Overall, not bad, but not great either.
March 10, 2011
Sorry. I am such a fan of classic cheesy sci-fi flix lol.
½ March 6, 2011
It almost pains me to rank this movie so low, but it also pained me to watch the movie. It started off believable enough but over time it just started to drag on and on. There was no reasonable description for most of the things happening in the plot, and overall I felt like I was going through a cheap horror-house on Halloween; no plot, just cheap jilts.
½ March 3, 2011
Reminded me of EVENT HORIZON, only nowhere near as good.
February 21, 2011
Rips off a bunch of better movies that I would have rather been watching, and does a lousy job doing it.
February 10, 2011
I kept falling asleep.
February 9, 2011
Despite a jumbled, sort of lame and cliche plot, low budget, fairly bad actors, and a 1990 mullet, this movie still entertained me and not just for laughing at the aforementioned aspects. it yields decent suspense and a somewhat (emphasis on somewhat) intriguing concept, with a few semi-memorable characters. I wouldn't watch it again, but it wasn't a waste of my time.
February 9, 2011
No real story development, just a want to be horror film.