Predictions?

Personally I think the movie looks pretty bad, and I think the reviews will be pretty poor. The stereotypical alien design at the end of the trailer, a bad writer/director attached. Stars look to synthetic, not like a real or convincing middle class American family. The films rating is Pg-13, usually Pg-13 horror movies ring hollow and fail to deliver on the level their supposed to. Anyway That's my opinion, what does everyone else think the reviews will be like once it's released.
Alex Aston
02-11-2013 05:37 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Joe L.

Joe Lehman

This movie was actually alot better then I expected it would be. I believe alot of the bad reviews from the critics are because they feel slighted for not getting an early preview and they are sending a message. For any people out there who find that there could be possible truths in some of the material in this movie, you are not alone :)

Feb 22 - 01:46 PM

Alex V.

Alex Vincent

'Dark Skies' is a joke. A fat slap in the face and a run off box office weekend win. Why? Because this film was made to make money. But that won't last. I expect a 10%-15% and a 70% drop in top box office.

Feb 22 - 12:42 PM

Virginia Lee

Virginia Lee

36% with 11 reviews so far. I predict it'll drop to around 15%.

Feb 22 - 11:13 AM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

$8.7 million is my guess. I think it's going to end up at 42%.

Feb 22 - 09:23 AM

Alex V.

Alex Vincent

On an up-note, the recent suspense/horror PG-13 film 'Mama' was surprisingly enjoyable. The trailer was much better than what we've seen with 'Dark Skies' but even the other horror flick delayed critic reviews until its premiere

Feb 21 - 05:11 PM

Andrew Atkinson

Andrew Atkinson

i think it will finish with around 25% and make about 12 million on it's opening weekend.
i wanna see it though! haha.

Feb 21 - 01:32 PM

Jerry Walsh

Jerry Walsh

Shouldn't break 15% and under 10 is more likely. None of the weekend box office projections are above 11 million and one was 5 million.

Feb 21 - 12:56 PM

Lord Tutweiller

Lord Diego John Tutweiller of Trolldonia

I'm guessing 30% or around there.

Feb 21 - 12:26 PM

Lord Tutweiller

Lord Diego John Tutweiller of Trolldonia

YES! 36% so far! Award, please!

Feb 22 - 11:14 AM

Joe Lehman

Joe Lehman

I'm hoping it will be good but so many movies have let me down lately. It's as if Hollywood doesn't even try anymore. The preview did not give me much hope because that usually shows the best parts of the movie and they weren't that great. I'm still gonna go see it because the subject matter interests me. I'm gonna guess this will come out at around a 30% fresh.

Feb 21 - 06:44 AM

DjangosAvenger

Zane Gray

Look at the horror movies that were PG-13. Insidious, The Woman In Black were surprisingly good horror movies. Movies like The Unborn, The Uninvited and stuff like that are terrible. I want this movie to good and scary and I hope it will. I'm predicting that it won't do well on Rotten Tomatoes. Im also gonna sah it's gonna end up being around 31% of criticals liking it and for the users I will say 52%.

Feb 20 - 06:07 PM

Babadook Nyland

Babadook Nyland

There's nothing you said that I disagree with.

Feb 21 - 09:48 AM

Chris Boek

Chris Boek

Considering it wasn't prescreened to critics, I think it's safe to say the movie sucks and that it will make a ba-jillion dollars at the box office.

Feb 20 - 01:37 PM

Alex V.

Alex Vincent

With an unpromising trailer, it looks like another disaster of an attempt to take your money. While I am surprised 'Dark Skies' is receiving a wide release, I don't think it holds much potential.

Feb 20 - 12:27 PM

Janos Kozma

Janos Kozma

why do who travel interstellar distances feel the need to fuck with some random family? just fucking abduct, probe, and return them.

Feb 20 - 08:49 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

Two day's until release, no reviews yet, when studio's hold out on pre-screening reviews that usually means that they have no confidence in their project. Can't really say I'm surprised.

Feb 20 - 01:41 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

That doesn't really mean anything. There were movies out there that rotten tomatoes rated it fresh, and their reviews didn't come in until the midnight showing, or first day it came out.

Feb 20 - 05:04 AM

Aaron Brehm

Aaron Brehm

I feel like it won't be very good. Looking at Scott Stewart's track record with "Legion" and "Priest" I feel like this movie will be in the 20% range.

Feb 19 - 02:22 PM

Brenton M.

Brenton Malnofski

Even the trailer was unintentionally funny and cringe-inducing. I'm calling it, it's gonna be terrible.

Feb 18 - 11:04 AM

Rossy John

Rossy John

i agree. I know it sounds harsh but it was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.

Feb 18 - 07:13 PM

Moose

Nik0 Moose

I know, I laughed out loud in the theater, my wife thought I was an ass. Is there a razzie for trailers?

Feb 20 - 08:57 PM

Michel Cote

Michel Cote

thought it look scary

Feb 18 - 10:32 AM

Sam Silbert

Sam Silbert

Insidious was PG13 and that turned out quite well in fact. It looks like a crossover between Insidious and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Somewhat original, but not much. If there is more then the trailer showed us, then the movie could go either way.

Feb 17 - 12:56 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I wasn't really a fan of Insidious to tell you the truth, was a very mediocre movie in my opinion.

Feb 18 - 03:23 PM

Babadook Nyland

Babadook Nyland

This will be a flat out bomb. All the "scares" have been revealed in the trailers and it just looks ridiculous.

Feb 12 - 11:32 AM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile