Dark Storm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Storm Reviews

½ September 17, 2015
Best Science Fiction B-Movie 2006! Good Idea, bad work. Ethan Hawke and the other actors had no chance to be brilliant.
½ July 31, 2014
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......it's so bad!
½ August 11, 2012
So very bad on every level: acting, story/plot, production. Big waste of time.
July 2, 2012
This is the definition of a really good bad movie! Baldwin's completely ridiculous, the cgi is ridiculous, and the plot is virtually unthinkably stupid!
June 5, 2011
This movie was so terrible I only watched the first 15 minutes. terrible acting and pathetic special effects. don't waste your time. Stephen baldwin is the only reason I'm giving this one star.
xxdebxx
March 10, 2011
Hidden away in a top-secret military base, Dr. Daniel Gray leads a group of scientists that have made a device more powerful than the nuclear bomb. This new invention might become the ultimate weapon for those that control it, but when it fails and causes a chain-reaction that threatens the world, no one is safe.
The project malfunctions and a leading scientist Daniel Gray (Stephen Baldwin) absorbs some of the "dark matter", making himself a self-generating weapon that allows him to control the weather and surrounding atmosphere. The final showdown between hero and villain is brief, and doesn't necessarily follow the rules set earlier. Shouldn't the dark matter dissolve anyone exposed to it like it did multiple times in the film? Apparently, villains can inhale it like crack and they become all powerful.

Anyway, there's some world destruction, nasty special effects, and ridiculous plot twists before this one mercifully ends. This is not a repulsively bad movie, just an annoying one. If anybody else had been the lead star in the movie then I would've switched channels after five minutes. I can't believe I forced myself to sit through the whole thing.
October 9, 2010
Awful script, worse acting,decent special effects. Wait for it on demand. or skip it.
½ November 28, 2009
ok so its another earth doomed film not bad but not grate
August 12, 2009
By no means a great movie, but it was entertaining and interesting. Not sure the science behind it all holds together very well or not, but it was fun anyway.

All hail Dark Matter Man.
August 5, 2009
really very weak def wouldnt pay full price to watch it wait till its a weekly people..lol.. and old stephen baldwin has put some weight on tsk tsk
April 1, 2009
Quite normal scifi b-movie. Not so bad but I'm not giving more than 2 stars.
½ February 22, 2009
They didn't even try to explain the physics in this movie, mostly because it was just bullshit. Apparently dark matter can either destroy the world, or give Stephen Baldwin super powers.
February 16, 2009
This film have no poster in flixter oops... that's pathetic because this film is also a pathetic one can't believe the whole story its impossible science which was handled in this film and can never believe the scenes... i think this film was a low budget one...and the only scenes which are good is the electric way scenes and the nature which changes unbelievably into dark storm and attracting the metallic objects from earth rather then never see this film in ur life...
November 26, 2008
This one is pretty bad, even by Sci-Fi channel standards.
November 2, 2008
awful and pointless film. THough I have now found an actor more wooden than Nicholas cage congrats whichever Baldwin brother was in the film.
September 16, 2008
Really really bad special effects which actually makes it entertaining. Why they picked Stephen Baldwin as the leading man and to depict a scientist I don't understand.
½ September 14, 2008
Absolutely terrible and boring. Why Stephen Baldwin, Why?
½ September 13, 2008
This was terrible. I give it a 1.5 simply because there are explosions in it.
½ August 17, 2008
I seriously done know why I completely watched this movie...Pls dont..!
½ May 15, 2008
I can only guess that the theory behind this movie was that if you put a stupid enough haircut on Stephen Baldwin, everything else will seem reasonable by comparison. It didn't work.

The Canadian government could use this movie as advertising for bill C-10. Hmm, as Opus said, "Well maybe it wasn't that bad, but Lord it wasn't good."