Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark World Reviews

July 26, 2012
There are some nice noir archetypes and I've always like Michael Pare, even if he's something of a one-note performer. I'm also a big Theresa Russell fan, so it's nice to see her in anything since I haven't seen her in much lately. Unfortunately though this film also has some awful performances, a script with some huge plot holes and a very silly twist ending. Probably only worth watching for Pare and Russell fans.
January 9, 2011
I'm not sure what was worst about this movie- the bad acting, the terrible script, the lame excuse for "special effects" or the incredibly monotonous narration that nearly puts you to sleep. But I guess it doesn't really matter which of these sins is most heinous, because they're all pretty awful. I would not recommend this movie at all, unless you suffer from insomnia and are looking for something mind-numbingly dull to put you to sleep.
March 28, 2009
I wouldnt call it too bad for a thriller. The twist in the end was one hell of a twist but they just couldnt explain it out properly and then again there were too many questions that remain unanswered.
Watch it only if you like watching suspense thrillers. Otherwise its a total waste of time.
December 6, 2008
:rotten: 1/2 (out of four)

[color=yellowgreen]Since it's the end of the year and we are starting to talk about the awards season, I thought I'd give out a few awards for this film. Here we go:[/color]

[color=#9acd32]Best Impression of the Cowardly Lion Award: Michael Pare. There is one scene where they sound exactly alike![/color]

[color=#9acd32]Most Overacting: Theresa Russell... Does she really have to scream almost every line?[/color]

[color=#9acd32]Worst Acting: Charles Arthur Berg...Okay this isn't a big Hollywood production, but even small movies should have their standards![/color]

[color=#9acd32]Least Acting: James Russo...Wasted role with minimal effort. come to think about it; was he even ion this film?[/color]

[color=#9acd32]Desrves a Better Movie Award: Steven Bauer. A decent actor. Please, please, some producer give him a part in a good movie. He was good in [i][b]How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer[/b][/i] and, of course, amazing in [b][i]Scarface[/i][/b]. But he should be in better parts than this.[/color]

[color=#9acd32]As far as the movie goes, it's striving for the "cool" film noir feel, but the narration and dialogue is sadly missing any heart. Try and skip this one.[/color]