Darkness Falls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Darkness Falls Reviews

October 29, 2014
While I understand why most people don't like it, I very much enjoy this film's dark twist to the tooth fairy story; if you're going to watch it, you should do it with surround sound
October 23, 2014
1 star for the creepy opening scene, otherwise it doesn't deserve any.
October 8, 2014
Lame and by the numbers. A lot of people gave this movie a lot of flak back when it came out and while it isn't very good, it's not the worst thing either. It's just forgettable and dull. It mostly strays from horror and becomes more action oriented as the characters shoot at the witch and run around in different set pieces while lights explode. It just felt a bit uncertain of what it wanted to be. There aren't really any scares other than the jump scares and loud noises. It just seems like there was more potential with the base material they had, but somewhere through all the filters it became this bland mess. The tooth fairy aspect seems pointless as teeth really serve no purpose and it's not like the witch kills people because they lost a tooth. She just kills anyone. So why is the tooth fairy tale even apart of the script?

Just a forgettable movie that may not deserve a lot of the hate it had gotten, but definitely not something that needs to be seen.

And what was up with the ending? That was possibly the worst way to end any horror movie and had me laughing at how flat of a note the movie ended on. I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but I wasn't laughing because it was a good joke, I was laughing because it was terrible.
October 7, 2014
This movie is criminally underrated for what it is. It's creepy (it relies a little too much on "jump scares" for my liking) dark, and turns a classic children's tale on its head. The acting and overall style is a little bland, as were most mainstream horror movies from this time period, but it's still enjoyable. The review on the poster art that it, "Runs rings around 'The Ring'" is so untrue its painful, but that's not the film's fault. Worth the watch, nothing tremendous though. I don't understand why so many people hate this the way they do.
September 29, 2014
You might even get scared watching this movie...provided that u r under the age of six...
½ September 7, 2014
With a story in Darkness Falls, there can be a good horror movie for it, and it's got enough ideas for it. However, the execution of it is horribly done. For a tooth fairy that doesn't get in light as it hurts her, there sure was some scenes where she's in the light and it doesn't affect her. The beginning was promising, but it was a bit predictable to see what is going to happen. It has characters that are very forgettable and are just there to die. The acting is mediocre at best, a lot of things don't make any sense, and the main characters are thin. Consider that the movie is short, it should be longer just to introduce the characters, or make more scares because there's only a few scares in this. I hope this gets a remake because, like i said, there can be a good movie out of the story, it's just not done well in Darkness Falls.
½ July 9, 2014
Two and a half stars.
½ April 26, 2014
Most people that love Horror/Thriller like this movie but I found it pretty silly, though I appreciated Emma Caulfield's honest performance.
½ April 20, 2014
A muddled confusing mess of a film that has no rhyme or reason.
½ April 9, 2014
A mediocre horror film with a few scares and a jagged plot. So many flaws and mistakes even for horror standards. But most of the effects and directing is good.
March 23, 2014
I really feel like this is underrated. It maybe was ahead of its time, and maybe some of the dialogue could have been a minor bit less cheesey, but the concept and special effects were amazing and the idea of having to stay in the light and all that...I mean come on...it was very original I thought, but people just don't give it a chance.
March 8, 2014
A movie that's more interesting than scary. Was somewhat decent in 2003, a movie with its own concept that hasn't been copied.
½ March 8, 2014
It gets the job done competently and it has a surprisingly high replay value!
½ March 2, 2014
Get the clothespin, this one stinks!!!
February 15, 2014
I thought this was a well made horror film...scary and suspenseful...I don't understand the low rating by some of the critics.
January 12, 2014
One of the worst horror movies I have ever seen. I barely classify it as a horror, introducing a myth and expanding it to a non-threatening supernatural porcelain ghost. What I learned with this movie? If you ever see the Tooth Fairy: just kill it with fire.
December 8, 2013
This is a film that even ten years on has aged well. Mostly because it should never have been taken seriously in the first place. With a variety of jump scares, an over abundance of bad humour and some horrific special effects it's not the best movie you will ever see. That said, there's a few jump scares, an over abundance of bad humour and some horrific effects - so it's well worth watching. There'll be nothing surprising with the story, nor the sickly sweet ending - and there's not a whole lot too it being only about an hour and a bit long - but it'll do for Emma Caulfield's performance alone. It's a bloody tooth fairy - what do you expect?
December 7, 2013
Like any other PG-13 horror flick, this movie was actually rather dreadful... dark and creepy on some occassions, but this movie has become more of an inside joke for my family and friends.
November 29, 2013
Terrible movie. They should have gone with a different approach because the story of Matilda was cool, but they did nothing with it except mention it for about what...a minute?