Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys Reviews

November 15, 2012
"Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys" is pretty funny, but not very. It's not as witty or insightful as the book, and it tries to shoehorn in some weird story arc. It's odd.
½ May 25, 2011
One of those movies with the right kind of self-depricating humor at the expense of the male gender. Or at least part of it. Everyone knows at least a few guys like the ones portrayed in the film. Many people have to deal with more of these guys than they'd care to. I think they would appreciate the humor in this movie.
½ October 9, 2009
You'd be better off reading the book. Quite frankly, this was a watered down, video version of the book that turned something that was really funny into something that beat you over the head with the same points over and over again.
April 19, 2009
Well, atleast.. John Cleese was funny.
February 24, 2009
low budget cheesball film, but Dave Barry is really funny. The movie isnt that great overall but wasnt horrible. The book as with all of Dave Barry's book is much funnier and better.
½ May 21, 2008
This movie has some funny parts to it. For the most part is was pointless and stupid. It's made from a documentary point of view. I was bored and thought it sucked.
½ May 18, 2008
This movie has some funny parts to it. It is not very entertaining through most of the movie though. It is stupid and pointless. It made from a documentary stanspointl. It basically make funny of men. That's all there is to it. There is no story line, no plot, nothing. There is no basis what so ever to this movie. It is drab at best. What ever you do, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
March 22, 2008
I prefer to read his books. The movie was silly.
February 24, 2008
John Cleese, as might be expected, was the funniest character in the film.
½ January 21, 2008
The book was hilarious. This movie is so-so, I wouldn't watch it again. Also, it's so fragmented that it's hard to tell what's going on.
January 20, 2008
I had no idea this even existed! I must see it soon.
December 12, 2007
Pleasantly surprising. The movie went beyond my expectation. The jokes are funny because it's true. A lot of stereotyping, but very enjoyable to watch. I think both sexes can learn a thing or two in this movie.
½ December 1, 2007
How do I rate a movie less than 1/2?
½ November 25, 2007
Solid- I love Dave Barry and this is a really funny flick
½ May 28, 2006
Dave Barry's very funny look at men and their behaviors. It hits the nail on the head and has some very very funny sequences. The women's view points are equally funny. Very entertaining.