Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier Reviews

• Nov 30, 2019

After more than 60 years, this movie has lost none of its charm. A lot of its success relies on the manly relationship between Crockett and Georgie; they paved the way for Butch and Sundance some fifteen years later. The middle segment, about Crockett's days in Congress, still drags a bit compared to the other two segments, but it makes no sense to leave it out (Disney even skipped the comic book for this segment which was issued for the other two.) Equally memorable is the music, highlighted by "The Ballad of Davy Crockett," which serves as a narrative tool as well. Crockett's poignant "Farewell" ballad sung near the end of the Alamo's resistance is also very poignant and singable. All in all, historical inaccuracies aside, this is the type of movie I wish would be made more often today!

• Aug 24, 2018

One of the best and most classic Western stories ever. Despite having some unnecessary humor and a rather simple story, I really enjoyed the movie; It has good special effects, good actors and very interesting story. Highly recommend.

• Aug 24, 2018

One of Disney's best live action offerings. The humor still hits, the action is still exciting, and the forward thinking view on Native Americans is a nice change of pace from the usual classic western. Parker and Ebsen are magical together. Beware: you'll be humming the Ballad of Davy Crockett all day.

• Jun 05, 2018

Interesting history people should check

Interesting history people should check

• Jan 29, 2018

You can learn your history when you watch this you may enjoy it

You can learn your history when you watch this you may enjoy it

• Jun 11, 2016

A good movie that has good history. So if you like Davy Crockett it could be the right movie for you to see. My favorite song was Davy Crockett that's a good song

• Apr 16, 2016

This was a smash when it was released. I saw it when I was 6 or 7 and WOW! It spawned a wave of Davy Crockett hats etc etc....it was a smash. Saw it again after 60 years and it's still terrific. Fess Parker IS Davy Crockett!! Oh, the years of childhood! What a wonderful film. A classic and for me, a timeless classic. Red Stick, Major Norton and Georgie Russell will live with me forever.

• Dec 22, 2014

one of my 1st crushes was fess parker

one of my 1st crushes was fess parker

• Jun 09, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014 (1955) Davy Crockett, The King Of The Wild Frontier WESTERN ADVENTURE The first of four movies from Disney generalizing the adventures of Davy Crockett with Fess Parker playing role with Buddy Ebsen (Beverly Hillbillies television show) playing the sidekick as George Russel. What's great about this particular movie is that it cuts to the chase, as it's running the story along without a whole lot of sentimental hogwash. 3 out of 4 stars

• Oct 28, 2013

With a shocking ending, Davy Crockett shows great American spirit.

With a shocking ending, Davy Crockett shows great American spirit.