Dawn Rider - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dawn Rider Reviews

½ March 23, 2016
With the cast involved this should have been better. Unfortunately its pretty poor with slater looks as bored as the audience watching.
½ March 11, 2016
Turned it off after the first 15 minutes.
½ July 13, 2015
Donald added a little realism to the screen...all action was wooden and where were all the towns folk ? ,dirt trails , not forests...shoot outs unreal.,
.could have been an interesting movie.....with good dialogue,stronger acting. and better editing
July 12, 2015
A fairly good western. A hero with a sordid past and the reputation to go with it, a lovely love interest (and a love triangle to boot), and the hero's old friend from childhood who never quite kicked the habit of the old ways. Makes for an entertaining story. Slater was very good in this role.
August 26, 2014
I like very few direct to video movies but this is certainly one i liked. While some of the acting is a little iffy I cant say I didn't enjoy especially in comparison to The Lone Ranger.
January 20, 2014
Not even sure why the movie is called Dawn Rider, unless there is a book. The best thing about this Western is that it is not set in a desert climate but instead in a party of Wyoming that is actually nice and green. The plot has some good parts but is slow, and sometimes the characters should just be a bit faster figuring stuff out. Sutherland's role is a bit on the unnecessary side, and it is kind of fun to see stuff in the movie that does not make sense.
January 14, 2014
An entertaining although low-key Western with good performances.
½ November 21, 2013
Dawn Rider is a disappointing film. It is about John Mason who is willing to turn the world inside out to find the man responsible after his father is killed. Christian Slater and Donald Sutherland give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Terry Miles did a horrible job directing. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
November 9, 2013
B rated movie with a B rated cast, okay script but you could never go wrong with a cowboy movie. There was nothing memorable about this movie. Skip this one.
September 14, 2013
No young guns but its aight
August 28, 2013
The "F" word is unacceptable in a movie like this, there is no real good reason to have it here.
½ July 25, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013

(2012) Dawn Rider
WESTERN

Another straight-to-rental Christian Slater movie starring in a forgettable western centering on his father getting killed as a result of a group of criminal outlaws attempting to score something big while stealing mail from unsuspecting post offices. The ironic thing is that the father that was just killed also happens to be one of the rustlers dad as well except that he didn't know about that until after he was shot and killed since he was outside guarding the horses. He did however killed the guy who shot him but is still part of the group.

In terms of the shooting scenes in this movie is amongst the worst and the most unconvincing I had ever seen since everybody including the ones who are supposed to be really good all look like lousy shots since they're many close scenes of people shooting at one another at close range and they still miss like how bad is that if a kid in real life can aim better than the adults shown in this film. I stopped at half way before shutting it off and was unable to watch anymore, but I think I'm going to use the fast forward button while playing the rest of the way. Don't bother to waste your time.

Bomb
April 8, 2013
Not good, but I have seen worse. Should have been better with this cast.
March 5, 2013
This is actually a good low budget western and with some great music.
½ February 4, 2013
Good cowboy-story in 90 minutes !
December 31, 2012
Terrible. The plot made no sense. Subpar acting. Shallow characters.
½ December 28, 2012
A great western with multiple plot threads helping keep the story interesting and vibrant
December 25, 2012
Yeah ... this one stinks pretty bad! Even bad for Slater. DNW (do not watch)
½ December 12, 2012
It's what you would expect from a Canadian made, straight to video western. It's quite slow at the beginning but eventually draws you in. One of the few notable aspects of this movie was Locklyn Munro's convincing performance. I am hesitant to recommend this one. Not worth the price of a rental.
December 3, 2012