The Day After Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Day After Tomorrow Reviews

November 30, 2016
The day after tomorrow story had promise but was presented horribly. The plot is constantly dragged down to show some special effects (marks for getting the science right though) which aren't very good by today's standard. The dialog is botched to make way for effects, as is everything else. This hodgepodge of a film is only worth the outdated special effects it was made to show off.
November 26, 2016
Just like Independence Day: Stupidly enjoyable.
October 22, 2016
yet another GD lost review
October 6, 2016
I know I liked it, don't remember alot tho
September 25, 2016
Epic and fun Disaster Movie
August 2, 2016
I am probably an appalling film critic for saying this, but it is one of the best disaster movies I have seen - at least for a while. Yes, it is flawed in several ways, but still is undeniable popcorn entertainment.
Verdict: B+
½ July 20, 2016
This movie sucked so bad but it had good cgi
July 4, 2016
Really good movie, they should make a second one
½ June 28, 2016
It was a decent movie. They had pretty good actors that had great acting.
June 19, 2016
So, Tuesday, then.

OK, 'The Day After Tomorrow', in reality, is not meant in a literal sense, rather a more metaphorical sense, with this disaster film concerning itself with (in effect) Global Warming - Global Warming that sees the seas rise and temperatures drop below freezing, leading climatologist Jack Hall (Dennis Quaid) son (Jake Gyllenghall) trapped in New York City.

Cliched plot, yes, but that's not what you go to see a film like this for: rather, you go for the effects and the ludicrous (but enjoyable) over-the-top antics!

I also have to say, I think I prefer this over '2012' (by the same director), mainly due to the smaller, more intimate, scope and setting.
June 14, 2016
Stunning visual effects, a so-so story but a ludicrous ending brings it down.
June 13, 2016
Stereotypical disaster film. Once again we have an expert who says the world will freeze and again nobody believes him. Once again our hero has a troubled relationship with their child and again that child rebels but near the end dad rescues child and they hug.
Seriously though, can director Emmerich come up with any new subplots or one dimensional characters? Emmerich is famous for making disaster seem and look realistic but he is pitiful when it comes to capturing realistic characters in such an event.
May 28, 2016
The only thing good about this movie is how some of the scenes looked, considering how old this movie is, other than that it's just a typical disaster movie.
May 22, 2016
It's one of those movies that makes you think that it could be unoriginal. But at the the same time, it makes you have a great experience. Mostly, the special effects is what makes this movie good. Acting, plot, and the cast were all also good.
May 21, 2016
what is this one about again? besides the obvious
May 10, 2016
I've heard that this is a must-see.
May 9, 2016
Not too surprising or groundbreaking in anyway, but it holds its own.
½ May 7, 2016
Two hours of my life I'll never get back. The only reason it gets a 1/2 star is because I can't give anything less.
April 19, 2016
Nostalgia goggles, good movie from my childhood.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Good film just dragged abit after the storms were over, And turned more into a survival film, But the effects were briliant.