Dzien swira (Day of the Wacko) (The Day of the Freak) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dzien swira (Day of the Wacko) (The Day of the Freak) Reviews

October 28, 2018
Really quirky but funny film! Loved it! It has the neurosis of a Woody Allen film and banality of a Toussaint novel
½ July 16, 2017
This is a zeitgest, a movie which describes the weekdays of the 1980's in middle Europe.
July 13, 2014
It's definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.
October 13, 2012
Maret Koterski's darkly comedic account of a neurotic schoolteacher is every bit as disturbing as it is hilarious. Maret Kondrat's ferocious performance fits the role like a glove, resulting in one of the more unlikable yet relatable characters out there. "Day of the Wacko" is a smart, sometimes crude satire that works most of the time, and it's almost impossible to forget.
August 24, 2010
funny in places, but indisciplined. overall a bit hit and miss
½ August 22, 2010
Fakt vtipny film, navic sceny jako vareni kafe a jizda vlakem mi byly velmi velmi blizke :-D
August 22, 2010
Fajos? â?? Nie, chujos! :D great movie with typical polish evergreen: kurwa! ja pierdole! :D
½ July 5, 2010
can anybody recommend me where to find this movie with good, english or french subtitles? It's one of my favourite polish movie, but I think, as probably most of polish viewers, quite hard to translate into other language without loosing the main point of the film. The Day od the Wacko is definatelly worth to see, especially if we understand that it's not just a comedy about everyday's problems, but drama about sad, lonely, lost and frustrated middle-aged man, and a bit exagerrated ironic picture od Polish society. I'd like to show it to my foreign friends that's why good subtitles would be nessasary so I won't need to explain any jokes, especially this one based on the language.
January 18, 2010
(****): Thumbs Up

A very funny film. Well-worth seeking out.
½ January 3, 2010
dlho som sa tak dobre nezasmiala
June 11, 2009
What can I say... The best film I have ever seen and I suppose this is not going to be changed. The summit of human condition's absurd (and not only), funny by no means after all. My favourite piece as far as cinema is concerned.
March 25, 2009
kind of like the fall and rise of reginald perrin but polish. really funny + sad.
March 15, 2009
Funny about a man with broken dreams and nagging obsessions. It has a diary-like constructions, circling around the inner monologue of the main character. One single days frustrations add up to a fairly sad life, but pictured in a very entertaining way.
March 8, 2009
everyone is like a wacko sometimes.... that movie is so true, it shows up all polish mentality. very good movie with great phrases.
½ November 27, 2008
"The most depressing comedy ever"- Antek O.
½ November 23, 2008
This is a really funny and creative film. The subtitles are pretty fast - so you have to be into foreign films I think to really appreciate this, otherwise, you may get frustrated.
September 19, 2008
more than comedy. very funny and very sad. sad becouse its true about a lot of people.
September 3, 2008
True... Intelligent... funny? Yes :)
½ August 31, 2008
+ extremely funny even though the film is about miserableness
+ one of the best polish comedy
+ killing monologues
August 15, 2008
I'm using many phrases from "dzien..." in my every day life...but it's nothing weird as i've seen it more than ten times:) It's just so true, it shows up all our polish defects, our polish mentality. On the other hand it has very sad message..but I wonder how receive that movie foreigners that have never lived in Poland?!