Daydream Nation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daydream Nation Reviews

½ July 15, 2016
Que horror!!!! como perdí hora y media de mi vida
June 13, 2016
Not a bad movie about a misfit teen who's new in town, and finds the townfolk are just as misfitty as her, She soon has an affair with her teacher while seeing another guy on the side. Hijinx ensue, but in that 2010ish emo way.
June 10, 2016
Terrible movie. Complete mess of a film, dry narration, lame acting. Just a flaccid, boring attempt at something "quirky".

I had a really hard time taking any of these characters seriously. The whole film feels like a satire of a Lifetime movie, right down to the intensely unlikeable, narcissistic, paper thin lead woman... written by a man.

Should the main character take responsibility for her own actions? Nah, she's a pretty woman, she can do whatever she wants. /sarcasm

And what about the girl at the end who confesses her love to the leading man? I guess screw her, right? /sarcasm

And what the hell is with the serial killer? Just shoehorned into the plot for no reason. Completely superfluous. Not to mention that by the time his plot resolves, our lead protagonist has committed vehicular manslaughter with no real consequences.

But that's ok because she's pretty... right? /sarcasm

This film didn't need to be made, and it shows. Sonic youth should sue the production staff for besmirching the name of their great album.

Despite all this, I still think Kat Dennings is very pretty.

But I think that's the point.
April 26, 2016
quirky smalltown drama about how teenagers wrestle with boredom and growing up.
½ August 24, 2015
The pace and the cinematography will do their job to keep your heart rate up but the story itself is just composed of random tropes thrown together. The performances are superb and the music is very fitting. Worth a try for anyone looking to pass the time.
½ February 6, 2015
Con un toque original sobresale del resto.
January 13, 2015
Kat Dennings is terrific, but the film is a bit tired and contrived after the halfway point
December 30, 2014
Quirky and entertaining it is not your average highschool drama. However a lot is happening all at once. It is also one of those movies that feels like they felt like they needed to resolve everyone's issue at the end which lead to some corny resolutions. I did enjoy watching it for the acting was great and the characters were interesting even though cliché
½ November 4, 2014
I'm glad I found this movie because it ended up being a nice little surprise. The story was touching and made you feel and root for the characters.
½ August 7, 2014
It can be enticing at times, but had a lot of weak moments. A decent teen angst movie.
July 7, 2014
Muy buena! buena música y buen clima. gracias una vez más isat
½ June 14, 2014
With Kat Denning's fabulous performance on top of this film's cracker script makes this off-beat coming of age tale a must watch.
½ June 9, 2014
A lot darker than I thought it would be...
March 24, 2014
There's no way this movie is getting compare to "Juno" or "Donnie Darko". The writing was terrible, Kat Jennings did really good for a poorly written movie. I like her a lot as an actress, but the movie just say no to it unless your into that. I just really didn't like this movie, I didn't hate it, but I definitely did not like it. So for this being a bad film but for Kat Jennings being so awsome in this film, I give "Daydream Nation" a D.
January 17, 2014
Not what I expected... I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the movie!
½ December 26, 2013
An odd, dark and surreal film similar to Donnie Darko in a way. Lots of intermingling storylines prefaced by some dark overarching themes.
December 24, 2013
Somewhat of a romantic drama, though it is light on romance - a high school senior (Kat Dennings, who is wonderful in this role) seducing a teacher and having revenge sex with a fellow student who is infatuated with her doesn't qualify as romance in my book. The acting is good, the story holds your interest, but the pacing is a little slow and the total dependence of the teacher on a 17 year old girl for life fulfillment seemed contrived and unbelievable. .Even so, a wonderfully moving movie.
December 5, 2013
They say do good things and avoid the bad ones, but you know what you don't really know whats good or bad until you see yourself and it jumps into your make choices that will make your life change forever..

things don't need to lasts.. to be perfect..
November 13, 2013
palomera pero no se porqué me gustó
November 11, 2013
Great indie drama with an excellent performance by Kat Dennings.