Daylight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daylight Reviews

½ September 2, 2014
Only good when you're a kid. Now, not so much.
½ August 17, 2014
Underrated this is a bloody good film
July 27, 2014
First of all, the major problem of the movie is how the police force deal with the motorists outside the tunnel, ha? Then, we see some Stallone heroic act than a Stallone characteristic or the tension and suspense towards the people trapped there in that tunnel. Poor film.
June 15, 2014
Daylight is a piss-poor excuse for a movie; pretty much everything about it is bad. The script feels like it was written by a teenager, almost the whole cast can't act (except Sly and Viggo), and the scenes defy any simple scientific laws and instead do only what the director wants them to do. It's one of those "why are they just standing there, go!" kinds of movies where everything is fake and manipulated. Rob Cohen has yet to prove himself as a director, and I'm starting to think he never will.
April 24, 2014
Just a fun and ridiculous movie
April 19, 2014
Back when it came out and I watched it young thought it was watching it I found the acting to be over the top cheesy and so cliché like. I guess the idea is kinda cool; people stuck in a burning tunnel. How it got to that point was dumb and once everyone was down there fighting for survival the cheesyness level was so over the top all the fun was taken out.
½ March 13, 2014
Efforts were made...
½ February 24, 2014
What's not to love? It's an action flick, not Shakespeare. The dialogue is awful, the characterizations are laughable, the explosions are cool, and Stallone is a hunky piece of eye candy as usual, totally compensating for his lack of acting ability. Don't read too much into this. Just sit back and enjoy the cliches!
February 1, 2014
watching right now!!!!!one of my fav movies!!!!
January 3, 2014
I shock myself that I found myself entertained by this modern day Poseidon Adventure. For this KIND of movie (and we don't have many these days) it was above average.
½ November 24, 2013
A premise that begins with coincidences colliding and literally exploding, leaving a group of survivors to battle the collapsing tunnel,some pissed off elements, the engineers on the outside, and each other as they make a frantic bid for their lives. The film ventures into cliche territory a few times but for the most part it stays on track with ample tension and jaw-dropping set pieces. Stalone proves to be more than capable as the hero even when the predictable backstory threatens to derail his credibility among his charges. It gets over the top particular as the film barrels towards its conclusion but it still is very much an exciting, worthwhile ride.
November 16, 2013
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray
September 2, 2013
Although I'm not a Stallone fan by any means, this movie was not all that bad by any means,
August 28, 2013
Descabido. Um roteiro trágico para um filme deprimente, O elenco é grande e descartável com uma novidade Stallone não atira nem luta, mas o grau de exagero o acompanha, e dessa vez passa dos limites.
August 20, 2013
You can never go wrong with Sylvester Stallone. The man is one of the most successful men in the history of entertainment and for good reason. He puts out things people want to see. So what if it isn't as artsy fartsy as Titanic or some lame Tom Cruise movie, it's entertaining. Stallone excels at entertaining audiences with his acting, screenplays, and directing and has been doing it for nearly 40 years. This is an intense disaster flick that doesn't pull any punches. Daylight, for me, is a fantastically entertaining movie. A great cast, good special effects, and a story that keeps you guessing. Stallone nails it again!
August 18, 2013
a story of teamwork and hope.
½ August 14, 2013
Did I enjoy myself while watching it? Yeah, sure. Would I ever rewatch it? Probably not. And that's really what it comes down to. This big budget Hollywood disaster movie serves its purpose, but won't go down in history as a classic. It was cool to see young Danielle Harris in something other than the Halloween movies, though.
½ August 10, 2013
8/10/2013: an ok action type flick. Sly saves the day again.
June 19, 2013
What the theater audience sought upon the credits.