Days of Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Days of Thunder Reviews

½ August 23, 2015
Your average commercial blockbuster.
July 29, 2015
Days of Thunder is a decent, but quite entertaining racing movie
April 12, 2015
(54%)
Tom Cruise and and Tony Scott return, only this time Tom drives a really fast car instead of driving a really fast plane. This very much tries to follow on the back of the success of Top gun with more or less the same plot and structure with its bolted on love story sub-plot and more than a fair share of fast paced action. So in terms of being a modern-day classic this doesn't have what it takes, it's too crude, predictable, and forgettable; yet it's still worth a look for either fans of the director/star or racing cars. Cruise's character is an underdeveloped show-off, but he is at least played with a degree of effort. And this is a well made production with well directed action, a good supporting cast, and a quality feel throughout.
March 31, 2015
The movie has some absurd scenes as well as dialogue that defeats the dramatic and underdog nature its striving to achieve.
March 25, 2015
Just a hollow script hoping the flash and dash race scenes would make up for it,it didn't
March 21, 2015
Decent by-the-book racing movie with likable characters and 90s charm.
½ March 8, 2015
A cheesy guilty-pleasure filled with the late 80's music and formulaic characters. Tony Scott infuses his usual stylish visual into "Days of Thunder", and the result is energetic fun. Don't take it seriously and you will have a good time.
February 23, 2015
very good movie :) :) :) :) 2-24-2015 AT 1:35 AM ON TUESDAY night
February 15, 2015
I can't really say this movie is a masterpiece, but the visuals, including the gripping moments out on the racetrack and the beautiful depictions of the heart of America, plus brilliant performances by Cruise and Rooker, tie it together into an overall okay film.
January 18, 2015
This is my No 1 movie , i dont care how disagree with me . ?????????
½ January 3, 2015
Saw it for cheap, so I finally pulled the trigger. Still holds up. ahh Tony Scott... how I will miss your fuzzy, soap opera looking action movies... they were such comfort food.
December 31, 2014
Good harmless fun. Basically Top Gun on wheels, with Cary Elwes playing the communist stock car driver. Completely predictable, but enjoyable.
November 15, 2014
Wow this movie is inspiring!
½ October 18, 2014
Not as Huge NASCAR Guy But Enjoyed This Which Spoiler Is What Talladega Nights With Will Ferrell Was Parodying!
October 15, 2014
Not even Robert Duvall can save this melodramatic tripe.
½ September 19, 2014
Cole Trickle was clueless technically but this ones all about the racing and you gotta love that!
½ September 19, 2014
Looking at the cast thought I'd take a chance in spite of the critic reviews. What a waste if time. Please don't watch it . I love movies and try to give them a chance but not this one, no way.
September 18, 2014
I don't like NASCAR so this movie never really did anything for me. I love Kidman. Hate Cruise.
September 12, 2014
The "Top Gun" team goes down to the race tracks with some similar plot points, and same heart being put into the racing situations. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
August 22, 2014
A 'wafer thin' plot is peripheral to the footage of stock car racing, that is almost deafening.

Nicole Kidman plays a neurosurgeon.