Days of Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Days of Thunder Reviews

February 23, 2015
very good movie :) :) :) :) 2-24-2015 AT 1:35 AM ON TUESDAY night
February 15, 2015
I can't really say this movie is a masterpiece, but the visuals, including the gripping moments out on the racetrack and the beautiful depictions of the heart of America, plus brilliant performances by Cruise and Rooker, tie it together into an overall okay film.
January 18, 2015
This is my No 1 movie , i dont care how disagree with me . ?????????
½ January 3, 2015
Saw it for cheap, so I finally pulled the trigger. Still holds up. ahh Tony Scott... how I will miss your fuzzy, soap opera looking action movies... they were such comfort food.
December 31, 2014
Good harmless fun. Basically Top Gun on wheels, with Cary Elwes playing the communist stock car driver. Completely predictable, but enjoyable.
November 15, 2014
Wow this movie is inspiring!
½ October 18, 2014
Not as Huge NASCAR Guy But Enjoyed This Which Spoiler Is What Talladega Nights With Will Ferrell Was Parodying!
October 15, 2014
Not even Robert Duvall can save this melodramatic tripe.
½ September 19, 2014
Cole Trickle was clueless technically but this ones all about the racing and you gotta love that!
½ September 19, 2014
Looking at the cast thought I'd take a chance in spite of the critic reviews. What a waste if time. Please don't watch it . I love movies and try to give them a chance but not this one, no way.
September 18, 2014
I don't like NASCAR so this movie never really did anything for me. I love Kidman. Hate Cruise.
September 12, 2014
The "Top Gun" team goes down to the race tracks with some similar plot points, and same heart being put into the racing situations. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
August 22, 2014
A 'wafer thin' plot is peripheral to the footage of stock car racing, that is almost deafening.

Nicole Kidman plays a neurosurgeon.
½ August 4, 2014
A sort of top gun for the asphalt. Not as fun, but still has a lot of heart. Duvall is the stand-out in this movie!
August 3, 2014
Stock-car racing turned into demolition derby, or at least a form of high-speed bumper cars. From the filmmakers of "Top Gun," this sports drama follows the same formula, transplanted to auto racing. These are professional racecar drivers who are portrayed as speed and competition junkies, constantly racing and crashing into each other with minimal strategy, both on the track and off. As a spectacle, auto racing is inherently not compelling visually, so the imagery becomes repetitious and the soundtrack is noisy. Tom Cruise is a novice driver hired by an owner (Randy Quaid) with the aid of a hardened crew chief (Robert Duvall) to win the Daytona 500. Nicole Kidman is Cruise's doctor and love interest; Michael Rooker and Carey Elwes are rival drivers. As Cruise's mentor and racing guru, Duvall is exceptional. He brings a quiet authority and sincerity to a conventional role. The rest of the cast is marginal. Screenplay by Robert Towne with story by Towne and Cruise; produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer; directed by Tony Scott. With Fred Dalton Thompson and John C. Reilly.
July 28, 2014
Like Top Gun with racing stock cars, it may not be really original and is quite predictable actually, but it has a very good soundtrack and Tom Cruise injecting a lot of energy into a two-dimensional character who lacks sufficient depth and motivation for us to care.
July 20, 2014
One of my favorite movies! Who ever made the quiz with the movie cover as the picture that has the least number of people taken it needs to do their research on the release date a little better. It came out in 1990 not 2000.
½ May 6, 2014
eh not bad pretty much top guns on wheels if anything its good to watch just to see the crashes
March 24, 2014
Ok, but really off on its racing facts, dirt, and debris.
½ March 22, 2014
A visually engaging film that is pretty thin on character development and plot. Essentially a lesser version of Top Gun that's about cars instead of planes.