D.C. Cab - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

D.C. Cab Reviews

August 2, 2016
This is one of my all time favorite movies. I won't say that it's an objectively great film, but it's so enjoyably silly that I can watch it over and over. It's full of so many people that hit the height of the their fame in the early 80s, turning this into a sort of time capsule of the time, both in the cast and in the views of DC at the time.
While the film is fairly disjointed in its plot, I actually enjoy that fact, as it leads to some crazy and hilarious scenes.
This has also been a fun movie to show people over the years. When I first got the dvd, my friends and I watched it every day for two weeks because different people who hadn't seen it would come over. A few of us watched it every time, and each new person enjoyed it enough that the audience grew the whole time.
This movie is full of good memories for me, but it's also just a fun movie, especially if you're not expecting too much from it.
September 29, 2015
Hey, bitch, do you wanna buy a hat?
September 22, 2015
it's got Gary Busey & Bill Maher
January 6, 2015
I gave it a chance. I always wanted to watch this on the HBO satellite box as a kid, but it was forbidden by my parents because of its R rating. So there are some pretty unmemorable but funny appearances in this. Mr. T is the brand and attitude Mr. T that made him famous. Bill Maher was hilariously not stellar in this. I found it interesting that he was smoking a cigarette since he doesn't do that anymore. Gary Busey was embarrassingly bad. Paul Rodriquez was kinda funny. The bottom line is that this movie did not hold up very well compared to something like Trading Places, Coming to America or Ghostbusters. If you get a kick out of 80s cheese, this is worth watching, but if you're looking for a classic funny movie that you missed back in the day, this is not it. I don't recommend this movie for anything other than laughing at how dated the fashion, music, and in the movie all are here.
October 14, 2014
I LOVE THE 80's... you just don't get movies like this any more!
August 10, 2014
"I pity the fool" who doesn't like D.C. Cab. Directed by Joel Schumacher, the film follows a young entrepreneur named Albert Hockenberry who moves to D.C. to join his Uncle Harold's cab company, which is made up of a bunch of misfits who are barely scraping by. Starring Adam Baldwin, Gary Busey, Bill Maher, Paul Rodriguez, and Mr. T, the cast has some impressive comedic talent. However, the writing isn't that good; but this kind of works in the film's favorite as the chaotic nature of the story fits the characters. And the humor is outrageous, delivering plenty of laughs. D.C. Cab is a crazy mess, yet it ends up being a lot of fun in a zany kind of way.
August 6, 2014
Sloppy but hysterical.
June 21, 2014
my favorite movie of all time
½ June 15, 2014
Old school bad 80's comedy
½ May 25, 2014
You either overlook the flaws or you don't and I ate them up and laughed in this cheesy over the top classic early 80s bunch of schlock....awwwwww the memories.
December 19, 2013
The plot is a little weak, but it's zany, it has a lot of character, it captures the craziness of DC in the 1980s, and it has Mr. T.
½ September 30, 2013
Someone once told me, "Hey, Gary Busey today is not the Gary Busey of old. He used to actually be an accomplished actor who wasn't nearly as strange as he is today." Well, that person probably has never seen DC Cab. Busey IS the same exact person he is today. Actually, I bet he even wrote his own weird jokes.
This movie is complete 80s insanity, which is probably why I like it. Loose plot, extremely goofy characters, jokes that make no sense, yet it has that aura to it that makes it it's own entity. And, Mr. T is in it! Why? Because it was 1983. Look for a young Bill Maher, too, before the weight of the word made him the clay-faced curmudgeon you see before you today.
August 26, 2013
screw the critics they have no IQ
½ August 2, 2013
When Albert Hockenberry (Adam Baldwin) takes a job at his uncle's dwindling cab company he is exposed to some of the most outrageous and unruly characters imaginable. There's the fast-talking, tough guy Samson (Mr. T) and the seasoned all-rounder Dell (Gary Busey) who simply see their cab-driving job as a means to an end until something better comes along.

Along the way Albert falls in love with a beautiful waitress (Jill Schoelen) and gets himself caught up in all manner of mayhem, including a kidnapping. But when the chips are down and the morale is at its lowest it's up to Albert to inspire the motley group of cabbies to work together as a team and get things back into gear.

also stars Charlie Barnett, Irene Cara, Anne De Salvo, Max Gail, Gloria E. Gilford, DeWayne Jessie, Bill Maher and Whiteman Mayo.

directed by Joel Schumacher.
May 29, 2013
the crazy zany antics of a group of misfits working for the down and out cab service in Wshington. Loads of soon to be great comics and insane moments make this the joel schumacher movie i truly love. just sit back and enjoy the mayhem
April 17, 2013
"Why am I in this movie?" -Irene Cara
April 4, 2013
Not the best comedy to come out of the 80s, but not the worst either.
March 7, 2013
So weird, unnecessary, nonsensical and just plain odd you can't write it off.
February 17, 2013
Who knew Adam Baldwin was so dreamy as a young guy?!
January 22, 2013
If you have this movie, PLEASE let me watch it!!! Your place or mine.