Ddongpari (Breathless) Reviews

• Jan 04, 2018

Yang Ik-june's world of these violent people whose lives are interconnected is an ever existing world all around us that most people choose to ignore. This hard hitting tale of loss and regret does show some silver linings at the end, but only with a price. It's learning from the mistakes of the past generations while leading the life with a positive mindset, accepting the evil in the world that anyone can do anymore. "Breathless" is powerful enough to haunt you with its brutality. Full review here http://www.asianfilmvault.com/2017/08/breathless-2008-by-yang-ik-june.html

• Jun 14, 2016

An emotional story about the repercussions of Domestic Abuse. Amazing

An emotional story about the repercussions of Domestic Abuse. Amazing

• Jun 06, 2016

Bring him a hammer. A loan shark and muscle for those who owe him and others money, struggles with events as a kid that caused him to go down the wrong direction in life. He meets some kids that live in an alley close to where he does business, and a girl that means something to him, and he tries to prevent them from going down the same path despite often executing his jobs right in front of them. Is there any hope for all the kids and the man turning their lives around? "I want to kill all the fuckers who are hesitant wimps." Ik-joon Yang, director of A Time to Live, delivers Breathless in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture has some unique elements and interesting characters and the action and kill scenes are very well done and intense. The acting is solid and the cast delivers the characters well. "Why are you taking it, you cunt?" I recently came across this on Netflix and added it to the queue. I am a fan of these foreign pictures and while this may not have been as good as Ishii the Killer or Old Boy, it was an intense action picture with a storyline worth watching. I recommend seeing this once for fans of foreign films. "I'm your dad, you fucking bastard!" Grade: C+

• Nov 07, 2015

It is a masterpiece with precise details and shows his experience with life. Looking forward for his movies. 9.8/10

• Sep 27, 2015

This movie about a violent and angry debt-collector will leave you breathless by the end.

• Jun 12, 2015

There's very strong themes throughout, most of which seem to have violence attached, but it's well acted.

• May 29, 2015

Amazing movie. Kept me at the edge of my seat the whole time. Went through a roller coaster of emotions...

• Mar 03, 2015

Highly emotional, ultra graphic Japan-drama that'll have you in tears.

Highly emotional, ultra graphic Japan-drama that'll have you in tears.

• Dec 21, 2014

One of the most underrated film I've seen. Powerful and gripping performances around. If I had to pick one word to describe this film, it's got to be "raw."

• Jun 12, 2014

very meh and useless. very sad without really being moving SPOILERS I assumed the fact that he was working with her brother would come into play at some point but it didn't, so I'm not really sure what function that had (1 viewing)