Dead at 17 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead at 17 Reviews

½ November 15, 2012
I'm not sure what's worse, the film itself, or the fact that someone actually thought about making it.
March 31, 2012
Pretty awful. The ringleader of the group (Cody was his character's name in the movie) was really creepy and a terrible actor. That's pretty much all I could focus on. The scenes without him weren't as bad.
December 2, 2011
The story has already been done but overall I thought the acting was pretty ok.
October 10, 2011
caught the last half, easy enough to catch up since there are about two hundred Lifetime movies/Law and Order eps with roughly the same plot. I'm always waiting for the laundry-huffing scenes.
November 22, 2010
As Canadian movies go, this one isn't too bad at all. I watched it tonight on 'TMN: On Demand', and it's not as horrible as people have been rating it.

The storyline is written as well as it can be, and provides a surprising amount of twists and turns. I actually found myself surprised at times, and having a feel for the film.

The acting is average, but incredible for such an indie movie. Their actions and dialogue are believable, and is not overly forced.

I suggest this film to anyone who is interested in shutting off their brain for an hour and a half, which in my opinion, flies by quite quickly.
½ October 24, 2010
I've never seen a more pointless movie in my life. haha
September 11, 2010
The story has already been done but overall I thought the acting was pretty ok.
½ March 20, 2010
goodish story but was kinda boring an predictable
½ March 7, 2010
the acting is so bad its funny! typical lifetime movie.
March 6, 2010
not too bad. i was rooting for the mom to find out the truth the whole time!! its a good story about going with your gut feeling.
½ December 3, 2009
Looks Canadian, but of a slightly higher quality
November 29, 2009
I watched about 10 minutes and from what I saw, it is a textbook teenage opps we killed one of our friends, which ones guilt will threaten our secret. The acting was over the top atrocious. I didn't continue to watch, I doubt you should either.
½ September 28, 2009
Four teenagers are involved in an accidental death. We see the different ways the boys deal with the stress of covering things up. When it looks like one of the four is going to spill the beans, he is murdered but it is made to look like suicide. Of course, his mother doesn't believe her son was suicidal and conducts her own investigation.
May 25, 2009
Who doesn't love a Lifetime movie?
May 15, 2009
D grade film which has similarities to Gossip Girl
January 12, 2009
I find myself watching plenty of Lifetime movies lately, this was a very interesting one with a serious lessoned to be learned.
½ January 11, 2009
This movie teaches that the rich only care about money and not to trust them.
December 26, 2008
How many times are they going to keep making the same movie? I didn't finish it because..well..it ends the same way all the other versions do.
mvieaddict
½ December 13, 2008
Jason and his friends find themselves in trouble when a girl they are partying with is accidentally killed. In a panic, they hide her body and swear never to tell what happened that night. Jason's conscience begins to eat away at him and he becomes withdrawn. Worried that he would confess, two of the boys kill Jason and make it look like a suicide. Jason's mother Alyssa is stunned and launches her own investigation which slowly begins to unravel the unfathomable truth.

Fans of real suspence and thriller, I recommend you this movie.
Rose
December 6, 2008
I expected more of it. It came across the subject very fast.