Dead Clowns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Clowns Reviews

November 28, 2014
wow want to see again
January 8, 2014
can you agree for me to put it on youtube
½ November 15, 2012
Ultra-low budget junk.
½ June 7, 2012
I do not lie when I say this is the worst movie I've ever seen. There's barely enough bad parts that are funny to make me finish watching it without contemplating suicide.
May 31, 2012
yay, my friend is in this movie!! lucien's the shiznit :o)
½ June 18, 2011
im giving it half a star for the blood but damn this movie was a piece of shit
½ May 30, 2011
Dreadful. And not so bad it's good... it's just bad. Don't watch it.
½ April 15, 2011
This was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Don't even bother. Seriously.
½ August 28, 2010
Wow, it's been awhile since i watched a horror movie this bad. Their isn't much redeeming about watching this movie. The acting is beyond bad, the script has so many jumps you can't stay focused on it, the killings sucked for the most part, and not a bit of humour to it. The only good thing about the movie was how good the clown zombies looked. Stay as far away from this as possible.
May 29, 2010
The one line synopsis for this movie refers to it as a "horrific thriller". Upon reading that, you might think "Oh, it's gonna be scary, and gruesome and awesome" and you would be 100% wrong.
The only thing horrific about this "thriller' is that someone actually got paid for this.

Where to start, where to start...

*** In the early portion of the movie there is a "time stamp" that appears to show us progression. It starts at like 1:15pm, the next time it's 2:45pm, and so on. After using this device a handful of times, it is promptly forgotten and never used again.
*** We get the back story of the dead clowns via a woman who tells the story to her husband/boyfriend. We also learn that her father was the person who inadvertently caused the death of a train car full of clowns. This sort of implies that maybe she is the main character. She is not. She is promptly killed.
*** Characters are introduced. That's it. They are introduced. We learn very little, if anything, about them. Then they are killed.
*** The "zombie" clowns move slowly, like zombies are want to do. But they also have fine motor skills and the ability to wield weapons. They are very methodical in their stalking of the victims. They open doors, peek inside, and move along. They are less zombies and more like slashers ala Michael Myers.
*** Stock footage is used more than a $5 whore. Footage of various storms, hitting various towns in various parts of the U.S. is peppered all over the place. The film stock various from shot to shot, so its use is totally pointless.
*** We meet someone later in the film who gives us the back story of the dead clowns. Yes. We get the same information a second time, from a second character. She, like the first lady, is promptly killed.
*** A piece of plywood with a 2x4 frame on it (making a box) is heavy enough to pin a character to the ground. Except, when he breathes, the movement of his chest is enough to move the fixture. And yet, he's stuck.
*** A little research on drug use would be useful. I'm no expert on the subject, but one line of coke isn't going to cause you to hallucinate. Also, coke does not look like table salt.
*** There is no main character in this movie. When you think there is, you are proven wrong as they are stalked, killed and eaten. Yeah, at least the "zombie" clowns eat their prey.
*** The sound quality is total ass. I was thumbing the volume up and down every scene change, and sometimes within the same scene. WHAT?!? I SAID "I was thumbing the volume up and down every scene change, and sometimes within the same scene"!!!
*** The ending is... weak. Very weak. So weak that it probably couldn't lift a piece of plywood off of its own chest, either.

Avoid this film. The concept is cool as hell. Dead clowns come back to life to wreak havoc on the town that brushed their tragic death under the carpet. In more capable hands, with some serious script revisions, this could have been a four star movie. As it stands, I'm giving it one star; half of one for the concept and the other half for the more than likely unintentional homage to Fulci's "Zombi" in one spot involving a meat thermometer.

1 dead clown out 5.
½ May 2, 2010
Worst. Movie. Ever. Period.
½ March 3, 2010
Lame.....extremely amateur and extremely horrible acting. Good job for trying but no way, try harder next time.
½ February 17, 2010
this movie was the dumbest film, there was no plot. I mean come on!
½ November 24, 2009
Worst movie I've seen in a long time. Don't waste your time.
½ July 26, 2009
Couldn't even watch the whole thing. It was like a bunch of elementary school kids got a hold of a camera and started filming random things. The story was horrible, the filming was terrible, the acting was amatuer, and the gore was almost invisible.
½ June 5, 2009
Tsk Tsk. This movie is horrble! A hurricane comes by and oh no! The circus people who suddenly died 50YEARS AGO now come back for revenge. This movie is full of bad fake zombies. They look dumb as hell and it looks like their legs don't work since they are slower than Miachel Myers. It took a clown to kill a girl about 5min. in the movie. I thought I was watching more of the hurricane then the movie!
½ June 1, 2009
The only thing I can say about this movie is, "It's not real, I'm still fucked up."
½ April 30, 2009
When a movie is bad some reviews open with 'I don't know where to start..' But I, on the other hand, know exactly where to start! This movie is shot on digital video, very badly. This means it looks absolutely horrible and has no film like quality. It looks like a high school movie project made by a bunch of 16 year olds. Everything else is just as bad (acting, story etc) but the one thing that stands out is how little dialogue there is. The script would've been 2 pages long and the actors must've been paid per word because hardly any characters talk! There are dreadfully long moments of supposed suspense and the scenes drag on for so long all you can think about is why the hell nobody ever talks! Granted, when they do talk it makes you wish for the return of silence. The funniest and worst aspect though, is the appearance of Debbie Rochon, a very popular b-movie horror actress (and actually far better than the material suggests) who doesn't utter one solitary word! I've seen hundreds of horror movies and this one ranks right near the bottom. Ok ok, the last few frames provided me with a small dose of enjoyment.