The Dead Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dead Girl Reviews

November 19, 2016
Great acting, story could have gone further.
July 2, 2016
Eh, good actors, could have been a lot better!!
May 27, 2016
Brilliant performances abound in this bleak depressing tail of a dead drug addict and a serial killer. Watched it several times and never fails to leave me with an awful sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Make sure to watch a nice romcom after.
½ April 9, 2016
Terrific flick. Not formulaic which is one of its charms. There's a thousand by-the-numbers melodramas for the pea-brained moviegoer to veg-out in front of. Those on here who hate it I'm gonna guess are all lower IQ. Anyone with a brain or who can handle their cinematic journeys without have to be spoonfed them will love this.

Toni Collette is remarkable. Piper Laurie is chilling. The pace and storylines interact in nonconventional and intelligent fashion.

A small overlooked gem.
September 30, 2015
Wow! Crazy but great movie!
It makes me wonder if I've ever been connected to someone without even knowing it???
You really just never know!
August 30, 2015
Excellent cast. Excellent acting. Excellent writing. Excellent direction. Kudos to all involved. Alton Chaney
½ August 6, 2015
This movie had potential to be good, but it just wasn't.
July 30, 2015
Refreshing, raw and heart-breaking.
½ June 27, 2015
Five unrelated stories revolving around the discovery of a dead girl in a remote field. These stories feature pathetic people behaving in apathetic ways. "The Stranger" and "The Wife" were revolting. I felt great pity for "The Sister" and "The Dead Girl." The one fairly normal story, "The Mother," was still depressing. All are very well acted. Not a good time movie, but it is worth watching.
May 2, 2015
it's incredibly forlorn and weary given the subject matter it deals with
but this extensive cast of actresses perform with such rawness and emotion
it's depressing to a point but these performances from Toni Collette, Rose Byrne, Marcia Gay Harden, Kerry Washington, and Brittany Murphy are awesome
each one of these people connect to a girl that was murdered by a kidnapper and mutilator of women
when it reaches the end though it just stops before actually showing how everything transpires
a common peeve for me but the rest of the film is very heavy and touchingly acted
March 31, 2015
A gem of a film! Clever plot line. Moody. An ominous ambience. Lots of good music as background. Perfect flash ending of a hopeful face as the very last image! I rate it 9 on 10 scale. Watch it!
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A drama movie about a dead girl being found and the movie have small "parts" with different characters with their stories/lifes that connects to that girl kinda. Decent flick but there are better ones out there..
½ August 14, 2014
Really well done with a terrific cast. I really liked this approach, going at the story from so many different points of view. Brittany Murphy and Marcia Gay Harding were particularly riveting.
½ April 10, 2014
An interesting, subtle take on the usual murder investigation movies.
March 6, 2014
Good acting but boring film.
January 2, 2014
this movie was good, but the ending ruined it for me
½ November 2, 2013
A very poignant serial killer film but so sad especially seeing Brittney Murphy in this role
½ September 20, 2013
The murder of a girl is told in 5 different episodes following 4 people connected to her in different ways and finally the girl herself. The quality of the episodes varies quite dramatically, with the later ones being better. An interesting approach, but the scattered nature of it kind of leaves you wondering what the point was.
½ August 9, 2013
2.5/5 Ehhh, slow and I kind of liked it, but it really wasn't that good. All of the stories just did not come together for me.