Dead Like Me: Life After Death - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Like Me: Life After Death Reviews

November 11, 2015
Horrible, horrible expository writing. Sad end to a very good series and concept
½ November 1, 2015
Not as good as the series
August 4, 2014
When I read the summery to the movie on the back. I thought the new boss was a woman. But I was really wrong once watching the movie. The new boss didn't sit well with me and it became obvious the reaper gang are more accustomed to posted notes instead of phones. The movie stayed true to the TV show in most places. And Roxy's most memorable quote "I'm thinking about it" keeps ringing in my head and makes me laugh when recalling the movie itself. Thee movie basically combined all season 1 and season 2 together. I understand now that reaper kids are the ones who reap the animals and adults reap the humans. It makes absolutele sense to me; completely. We saw a bit more characteristics to the reapers and what they did when having a boss who they didn't like. When tthe new boss was introduced I thought he might grow on me but he didn't grow on me at all. The way he said 'Princess' to George made me think 'I don't like this dude!' It was like romance was incorperated into the reaper cast between the middle guy and the reapers. I did enjoy the ending after I found out on the wikipeida that George is the new boss. The movie finishd all the loose ends.
July 29, 2014
So-so. I liked the cartoonish way it was portrayed though. :)
½ May 29, 2014
this show ended way too soon. i cant wait for the movie.
March 20, 2014
As a big fan of the series, i've gotten emotionally attached to the characters, specially Geroge, an i was very happy to see them again.
March 4, 2014
Just an extended episode really to tie up the abrupt ending to a great TV series, sorry to see it go!
January 31, 2014
The beginning of the tv series was far more interesting with the hint of comedy. This just seems rush with more death and sadness than happiness and life.
January 12, 2014
Looks like most of the original TV series cast, along with Henry Ian Cusick (who plays Desmond Hume on Lost)
January 1, 2014
It was ok. it started well.
December 29, 2013
Dissatisfying conclusion to a great TV show. While it was wonderful to revisit these characters, this story does not come anywhere near the quirkiness and "bonding" that the show exhibited on a consistent basis. Not having Mandy Patinkin as Rube was a major blow, and the doofus they chose to bring in as the new leader brought the movie down. Further, Sarah Wynter is no Laura Harris when it comes to playing Daisy. What could have been spectacular winds up merely acceptable, and only because these characters are so great. For anyone just coming into this concept, this is a poor introduction.
October 24, 2013
I really liked the series when it was going. Enjoyed this movie because I remember the characters with the usual misfit assignments.
½ October 14, 2013
A nice wrap up. A little chaotic but nice wrap up.
June 23, 2013
wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but not as good as the series, it missed Rube & Daisy... but there was some good closure still
April 27, 2013
little bit unusual movie. dead sister who has become soul taker from people who die has to go through dilemma about taking or leaving her alive sister bf`s soul. while meeting sister he changes her life and helps to find meaning for it.
April 13, 2013
dead like me life after death
½ March 27, 2013
Want. Because I love DLM.
March 24, 2013
Despite reading so many bad reviews, as a hardcore fan of the show I had to watch it, and i don't regret it at all. I had such a good time watching these characters again that i ignored the few flaws the movie has. The "George-Joy-Reggie" scenes were basically what made this movie work. While on the other hand, the "new boss" plot could have been used better instead of just making the other reapers act so out of character. So take a look, and since at the beginning it explains what the show was about, it can be seen by everyone, and not just the fans.
½ February 6, 2013
As most have said really just makes you want to go back and watch the series again. The recasting was poor, and on the whole the plot was weak. It was nice to revisit but an extremely average "film" - if it can be called that.
December 1, 2012
What a treat, I've missed this show.