Dead Men Walking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Men Walking Reviews

October 31, 2012
Despite its low budget, it's one of the best zombie movies ever.
October 28, 2012
Asylum films are never good, so I wasn't surprised that this completely sucked. But the worst thing about it is the absolutely terrible acting. The plot is actually mildly entertaining, but it's almost impossible to watch because there is a complete lack of talent on all sides. I did laugh once or twice, but I'm pretty sure it was for the wrong reasons.
September 7, 2012
*Spoiler* lol

It was a pretty good movie overall, but I don't really like that it had the same ending as Night Of The Living Dead with the survivor getting shot.
August 9, 2012
One of my top zombie pics.
May 28, 2012
This was better than I thought it would be. Good gore. I suspected an ending like Night of the Living Dead. I knew she would die like that.
July 8, 2011
Great idea for a movie. Visually great. Fantastic makeup and realistic transformations. Poor acting and dialogue at times.
June 1, 2011
One of the only Asylum films I like because
1. It has zombies
2. it has blood
3. it takes place in a prison.
But the effects and acting were pretty bad.
½ March 26, 2011
Good idea for a movie. Visually great. Fantastic makeup, especially. Poor acting and dialogue at times.
March 10, 2011
Not worth it, wasn't even paying attention. Boring.
January 21, 2011
Terrible, but spectacular gore effects.
November 23, 2010
Ok..so bio toxin is responsible again, so no top notch actors are in the cast, so the budget's tight and this is kinda written all over the movie,so the cliches are everywhere,so,so,so..so what?? it's ultra gory ultra fan ultra fast and to be honest i liked it a lot..solid 3 from me!!!
August 23, 2010
OMG, this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. After watching this movie, I became the Dead Men Walking, because it bored me to death. I'm not going to explain, why it's crap, because I really want to forget that I've ever even seen this shit. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE, because lifetime is too valuable to do so.

Oh mein Gott, das ist einer der schlechtesten Filme, den ich je gesehen habe. Nachdem ich den Film gesehen hatte, war ich der DEAD MEN WALKING, denn er hat mich zu Tode gelangweilt. Ich werde nicht erklären, warum der Film Müll ist, da ich wirklich vergessen will, dass ich diesen Scheiß je gesehen habe. SCHAUT EUCH DIESEN FILM NICHT AN, denn Lebenszeit ist zu wertvoll um dies zu tun.
July 15, 2010
Bad ass gore zombie movie. I watched the whole thing and still ate my food
April 6, 2010
Look, Yul Brenner has risen! He looks really good!
January 13, 2010
I really don't like this movie. I can't in all fairness judge it too harshly because it isn't a big budget zombie flick, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve criticism. For starters, this movie has a very interesting premise. A diseased inmate is transferred into a maximum security prison, and infects this prison with a zombie virus. Good premise, half-assed execution.

For one thing, the way the viruse comes to be is never explained. That's usually the way it works in zombie movies, but here, they hint at it, and try to explain it, but they never do completely. They claim it's a top-secret bio-expirement gone wrong. That would work, but why in the hell was this expiriment being conducted in a house and not a lab? Why would an obviously sick criminal, with an obviously terrible disease, be transferred into a maximum security prison without being treated? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not gonna rip on the acting too much. I mean, it's a budget movie, I wasn't expecting anything. It could have been better, but I could deal with it. The camera work however, really needed some improvement. All the action scenes look like they're being recorded on an expensive home camera, and the video quality constantly changes from passable, to awful. The gore effects were decent, but they recycled a bunch of the same effects for the bitings, mutilations, headshots, and disembowelments throughout the film. Plus, there's a really random titty shot that serves no purpose in the film. It ranks as low as the zombie hookers from Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

There's really not much else to say about this movie. It isn't horrible, but I will never watch it again. It's pretty boring, and it won't keep your interest for the duration of it's length. It was a good idea, but good ideas mean nothing executed improperly. Watch it if you want to see a low-grade zombie flick.
October 7, 2009
They just talk and talk and talk... shut up and kill zombies or do something.... anything!
October 4, 2009
This movie follows your typical zombie movie - unknown virus/toxin turns people into zombies. As usual, the government is aware but does not know what to do about it.

It's full of gore and screaming - what you'd expect from a zombie movie. It's set in a maximum security prison. Both civilians and prisoners are trapped inside when the outbreak occurs - most notably a representative from the CDC, the prison's warden, and a convicted thief.

The movie's ending is similar to "Night of the Living Dead" with the last survivor being shot dead. The plot and acting is weak while everything else seems a bit too over done.
½ October 4, 2009
it was a good zombie shooting movie
½ October 4, 2009
The film is cheesy in many parts, but not in a bad way. Rather, it's in a good, entertaining way. Some of the acting isn't the best, but it doesn't matter when you see the delightful death scenes. Nothing is off limits in this film - men, women and children alike get mauled by the zombies. Looking for mindless fun, see this film! Chriss Anglin steals the movie as Sweeney. He's a highlight!