Dead Presidents Reviews

• Jan 12, 2020

I went with 2 stars with this movie this is really interesting movie. 90's gritty crime drama well worth the watch good acting and story. well worth the watch with a good soundtrack go give it a watch I liked this movie.

• Dec 28, 2019

Great movie larenz Tate is one of the greatest actors!

Great movie larenz Tate is one of the greatest actors!

• Oct 03, 2019

Cinematic art at its finest. A riveting masterpiece surrounding life's commonplace narrative—money. Larenz Tate plays an intelligent realist that makes more than one life altering decision.

• Dec 14, 2018

The Hughes brothers are underrated. Although Dead Presidents isn't as intense or wrenching as their debut feature, Menace II Society, the scope is different. In addition to being a period piece, this film is concerned with the detailed examination of one character -- a decent, diligent, upright young man whose morality and judgment are twisted by the pressures of his environment. Dead Presidents is also somewhat different from most of the vast number of cinematic Vietnam experiences because its focus is on how the overseas trauma contributes to the reconstruction of a man's character. Dead Presidents isn't awash in originality, but its black perspective hasn't yet been overdone, and the Hughes Brothers' add their unique imprint to the narrative.

• Jun 24, 2018

Ok I randomely caught this after years and I mean I had this shit on DVD years ...and it was completely a different look and realization about how fluid, political and transcendent this forgotten chapter/ story of real American history is . I'm not saying this is apocalypse now or platoon but unlike those films it divulges into the decades aftermath of war and the ripples it runs through the ponds of generations .A junior directororial effort real life look at young life before and after the dredges of overwhelming conflict through our Natuons foreign affairs.(NOT DRAWING ANY RECENT CONFLICTS) .But the killer soundtrack low slow traction camera work and views of how communities are affected from high to low coast to coast big or small are affected and still molding the American people that we ARE today. Been over seen it. Just throwing my OP out take no offense. Hear me I will do the same Take a good look at this flick again!!!

• Apr 25, 2018

An ambitious and at times brilliant movie. Unfortunately it feels like too big a story and one that would have been better if it had simply focused on the robbery story or the war story. Some of the acting is not great either. That being said this is still a great Drama/War/Crime film that should entertain most audiences.

• Jan 15, 2018

CLASSIC MOVIE! Amazing acting and story line!

CLASSIC MOVIE! Amazing acting and story line!

• Feb 12, 2017

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. gripping, gritty and poignant but not quite as masterful as Meance to Society.

• Jan 02, 2017

1/2/2017: An ok movie. Basically an urban version of Deer Hunter. The cast was good and the story was ok. Not good enough to watch again.

• Dec 08, 2016

While the subject matter is interesting enough, this 3-set movie basically disappoints. It might work as a play, but cinematically it's just not compelling enough to satisfy for its 2 hour running time. It starts out with the disappointment facing the young of Harlem in the late 60's, then moves onto a string of depressing scenes from the war in Vietnam. Finally we get to what should be the best moments of the movie; the heist, but it's really just a strung out disaster which we could all see coming.