Dead Space Reviews

• Oct 22, 2020

Loved the movie. Check out Bryan Cranston and Randy Reinholz!!!

Loved the movie. Check out Bryan Cranston and Randy Reinholz!!!

• Jan 21, 2014

On paper, a film in which Bryan Cranston plays a scientist battling a slimy creature of his own creation should be schlocky gold... and yet it isn't. At all. The movie is crippled beyond recovery by its $1.98 budget that asks us to believe that the (barely) redressed conference rooms, service hallways, industrial warehouses, and accounting offices on display are actually supposed to comprise some kind of ultra-cool, futuristic research facility. Couple the nonexistent production design with horrendous cinematography (the sets seem to have been lit either by harsh fluorescent floodlights or no lights at all, often within the same scene) and you've got a movie that looks just plain awful. That said, Cranston is legitimately good, as is - shockingly - Marc Singer as the constantly irritated, wise-cracking fixer called in to deal with the monster situation. All told, however, this is not "so bad, it's good," it's "so bad, it's bad."

• Jun 19, 2013

Dead Space is yet another Alien ripoff from Roger Corman, but this time he seems to be ripping off his own ripoff: Forbidden World (at least that's how it comes off to me). The movie itself is a bit of a dud with a few splashes of interest throughout. Marc Singer doesn't do much to improve things. He's just sort of there, and while he tries to have a commanding presence, he sort of fails. There's some nice gore shots for those who are interested, but the framework surrounding them is mostly boring. I would recommend it mainly to fans of bad movies and Roger Corman productions, but otherwise, most won't get anything out of it.

• Francisco G Super Reviewer
    Nov 20, 2012

Another Corman Alien rip off (I lost count on how many Alien rip offs this guy has made) that is as boring as it looks. Just worth it for the complete godawful love couple, Bryan Cranston looking grave around the super horrible looking alien design and some hilarious puppet fights. Even the gore is boring on this one! Just steady shots of corpses laying around.

• Sep 17, 2012

Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

• Aug 25, 2011

More Corman wackiness, this time starring the Beastmaster himself, Marc Singer. Basically another Alien rip-off, it's still an enjoyable watch for the forgiving among you who don't mind a nice bit of cheese. Rental?

• Apr 18, 2011

Downgraded remake of a movie that was only so-so to begin with.

Downgraded remake of a movie that was only so-so to begin with.

• Jan 11, 2011

I never thought I'd see a movie so cheapjack and awful that I'd feel embarrassed for Marc Singer just for being in it.

• Jan 05, 2011

If you can get your hands on "Forbidden World," there just isn't much of a reason to watch this. This movie is murky, monotonous, boring and inert, although with a passable monster suit. The monster suit, I assure you, is not enough to make this an enjoyable watch.

• Nov 26, 2010

A rip-off of a rip-off of a rip-off...wait, what? Oh...Dead Space. Dead Space is a rip-off of Forbidden World (leave it to Roger Corman to rip-off his own film), which is a rip-off of Alien, which is a rip off of It! The Terror from Beyond Space. Dead Space is, in a word, bad. Now, Forbidden World had something for everyone: Loads of gore, nudity, an awesome score, great make-up FX, and more. Dead Space takes away almost all these things. The monster wasn't that impressive, there was only 6 sec. of nudity, gore was on the D.L., the score wasn't great, and other sloppy messes throughout this movie.