Dark Waters Reviews

• Oct 18, 2018

Very cool, very Lovecraftian. It's not seen or talked about much, which is unfortunate, because it's a quality love-letter. Great ending!

• Dec 10, 2012

it's a good movie, and it's very crazy

it's a good movie, and it's very crazy

• Oct 29, 2011

Stylish, but ultimately lacking, this Eastern European horror film features a lot of mean nuns, creepy townsfolk, and, well, water. It looks nice, and I think a lot of good elements went into the film, which I can only imagine was done on the cheap. Perhaps it needed to be shorter. Perhaps it needed more story. I'm not sure. But the random murderous nun attacks became almost laughable, and nobody seemed especially interested in doing anything, be it evil or good. OK, but not great.

• Dec 25, 2010

This movies owns. All over the place. Imagine Lovecraft meets Argento/Soavi... Definately one of the best...

• Lilo C Super Reviewer
    Jul 12, 2010

Naat Bad Naat Bad. its weird, when it comes to Horror Stuff, the choice of Folks gets weirder everyday. Oh boy! The More Blood the More Fun. I dont see any Point in dat, why not buy loddz offa fake blood and showcase it in yo living Room? IF YO HAVE ONE! oR uNder yo Bed, over yo Pillow or how abt over yo Bed?

• Wahida K Super Reviewer
    Dec 07, 2009

When I rented it, I remember two words shot through my mind. Skeleton Key! But I still gave it a try. Why? shot through my mind when the end credits were scrolling up.

• Aug 16, 2009

Rather surreal and full of disturbing images although the plot is slow to develop. Very interesting. Parents would think it is utterly nonsense.

• Mar 10, 2009

Beautifully eerie at times, with echoes of Lovecraft - think Dagon / Shadow Over Innsmouth / Call of Cthulhu. Highly atmospheric, Dark Waters is flawed (the story is muddled) but is still perfect midnight viewing. The blind nuns and painter remind me of something out of a Lucio Fulci flick, the visuals are as arresting as anything Argento has done. This won't be for everyone - the pace will put a lot of people off - but stick with it, and lose yourself in the grim, gothic atmosphere.

• Dec 12, 2008

"Shadow Over Innsmouth" if Lovecraft was really afraid of nuns, with Bavaesque lighting design and Argento-y camerawork (not always a good match, though). Weird as hell.

• Nov 30, 2008

The premise to this movie *could* be interesting if the entire movie didn't work to suck so bad that you forget there is a premise at all. ugh.