Reviews

• Feb 24, 2021

There's a lot of vitriol listed here from people who judge this movie on the wrong merits. BDW channels his character from Fear City, plus this movie has some funny death scenes in it.

• Sep 14, 2014

Billy Dee Williams plays a smooth talking detective names Hamburger who delivers some great lines like, "You always scare me, but in that dress... you terrify me. " to his girlfriend, Vanity. Larry Cohen wrote the film and started as director, but was removed from the film partway through filming. I'm guessing the film would have been stronger if Cohen has remained director on the film, but there are enough quirks to the script to make it still an undeniable Cohen film. Like many of his film, he makes great use of NYC location shooting for the film and features a cast of good New York character actors like Joe Spinell and Daniel Pearl. You also have Morgan Fairchild and John Beck who nicely add to the films retro 80s vibe, which I also quite enjoyed.

• Sep 09, 2014

56% "My name is Hamberger, please, no jokes about the name."-Hamberger (Billy Dee Williams) What ever you say Lando.

• Sep 28, 2013

Billy Dee Williams did a great job. Morgan Fairchild was extremely hot!

Billy Dee Williams did a great job. Morgan Fairchild was extremely hot!

• Oct 27, 2012

Things don't work every time like Colt 45 did for Billy Dee here as a lot of people end up dead in this film where he plays a private detective set up to look like he was paid to kill a woman.

• Apr 09, 2009

Smooth operator Billy Dee gets caught in a murder conspiracy. Peaks in opening scene shootout with Joe Spinell. Larry Cohen was replaced midway and it shows. Film's title will do little to distinguish itself from other video options.

• Jan 13, 2009