Deadly Prey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deadly Prey Reviews

August 26, 2016
"Deadly Prey" is a Rambo clone even lighter on plot. The schizophrenic dialogue is the highlight, but the homoerotic undertones throughout make this one worth watching and heckling.
April 2, 2016
You can go on and say how bad or unbelievable this movie is, but you will never get a movie where are main hero rips people limbs off and beat them up with it.
February 16, 2016
not a bad movie really fun to watch, but its a bit obvious when the main character gets shot at he doesn't show that he has and that grnade seen could of done something as well.
December 22, 2015
This movie is horrible - yet friggin hilarious in its execution. If you like bad B movies; than this is your jawn.
April 8, 2014
Ted Prior is putting out his rubbish for the Binmen, when he is randomly kidnapped by some mercenaries who use human beings as the prey in their training camps. This time, they have taken the wrong man and the hunters become the hunted as a pissed off denim cut off clad Michael Danton kills anything that moves. The scene where he is forced to live off the land, is the finest moment in the history of cinema. A masterpiece.
March 12, 2014
It is so bad that is actually a good movie.
February 11, 2014
A fresh-out-of-the-80s, low budget, badly acted, plot-hole rife masterpiece. You won't watch a worse film all year, and that's precisely why you might not watch a more enjoyable film either.
December 15, 2013
If you can't enjoy Deadly Prey, then there must be something genuinely wrong with you. Seriously, this movie is pretty bad, but so bad that it's good. I mean it's got Cameron Mitchell in it, the king of the bad movie actors, so what's not love? How about a movie that blatantly rips off Rambo with just as much silly action but little to no emotional impact? Oh, and the dialogue is much cornier and laughable? Yep, that's this movie, but it's pretty damned enjoyable. It doesn't feature any famous actors, and I can understand why. A sequel was recently released called Deadliest Prey, which I haven't seen, but I can't imagine it being as good. Uh, well, good is a relative term. Good/bad is more appropriate. If you're a fan of bad movies at all and you're looking for some cheap, cheesy 80's action, then this is right up your alley.
cigaretteburns
October 22, 2013
WHAT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE.
½ August 2, 2013
From a technical standpoint this lies somewhere between grossly incompetent and outright incomprehensible. As a piece of ironically enjoyable cult-friendly schlock, it's a startlingly pleasurable experience. Only modestly terrible until the final act, in which it catapults from blundering to impenetrable.
July 29, 2013
Yet another tour de force production from AIP director Prior. A mercenary training camp 75 miles outside of Los Angeles picks up victims from the city to use as live runners to train their men. Training seems to be going well until they unknowingly kidnap a former top mercenary to use as a runner, who leaves a trail of dead bodies among those hunting him down. No surprise to see Cameron Mitchell here.
July 13, 2013
In the first 10 mins, our hero stuggles to get himself out of bed for his brekkie. Five minutes later, he's rampaging around a woods in his underpants picking off a bunch of ruthless mercenaries a la Rambo. It is terrible but unbelievably funny, and never boring.
½ May 24, 2013
A wannabe Rambo film that is beyond stupid, What a piece of shit.
April 15, 2013
I don't know why I continue to watch action movies, I'm not a big fan of how they love to routinely throw common sense and reality out the window. I know it's "just a movie" but goddamn if I don't get tired of the same bullshit. A modest amount of decent acting should be demanded from the giants in the industry but it's almost always just for a paycheck b/c a lot of the public just likes to watch shit blow up on the big screen. Here not much gets blown up (in fact quite a few grenades are thrown to within three inches of our hero(es) and no damage is done other than being thrown to the ground momentarily) and a lot of running around ripping off nearly every single 1980s action/war/mercenary movie made up to that point. Many point to this as one of the best B-movie action rip-offs ever made. It's so-bad-it's-good they scream from the rooftops. Within the first five minutes (ten tops) you'll know if this movie is for you or not. You will find yourself hardpressed to not laugh out loud and to not yell back at the screen about what you're witnessing (HOW CAN YOU ASSHOLES NOT HEAR HIM SNEAK UP ON YOU WHEN WE HEAR ALL THOSE BRANCHES SNAPPING!?!). It's RAMBO dumbed down to its greatest potential. Eventually I had to fast forward through the final half hour. My advice is to watch the first 5-10 minutes and the final 10-15 minutes as they sum up the movie completely. Unless you really really need to see a knife vs. stick situation that ends as you'd expect.
October 6, 2012
This movie is so bad and stupid that is actually funny and very entertaining to watch. Stupid dialogue, horrible special effects, and a dumb script, makes this, a masterpiece of bad movies !!!
½ August 29, 2012
The action comes as thick and hard as the laughs.
½ August 25, 2012
this even worse then silent night deadly night 2 and that movie sucked
May 23, 2012
A Masterpiece worthy of Tarkovsky.
April 21, 2012
A terrible movie, but so much fucking fun. If you like cheese, check it out ASAP. I'm embarrassed I hadn't heard of it until today!
½ March 28, 2012
For 80s action fans that are big on action but light on brains Deadly Prey is like panning for gold in a septic tank & finding a little nugget. Sure that nugget is covered in a lot of shit but it still is actually worth something. You would be hard pressed to say it is any good from the acting, production values, the script (which is just another variation of the world's most dangerous game) to outlandish scenarios that even Cannon wouldn't dare to inflict on its audience. Because of all of this Deadly Prey is a lot of bad bad fun. If you're a fan of the genre you can't help up laugh right along as Ted Prior might be one of the biggest homoerotic action stars Ive seen down the pike in quite some time...How about stealing a some clothes along w/ those guns?