Deadly Shooter Reviews

• Oct 05, 2014

Cheapie western about rancher, William Smith, my all-time favorite character actor, looking to avenge the death of his son. Okay, Smith is really the bad guy and American Ninja Michael Dudikoff is the hero of the film, trying to stop Smith and his band of outlaws from getting bloody revenge. Cheapie director Fred Olen Ray, billed here as Ed Raymond, continues to churn how about 4-5 schlocky films a year (with titles like "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" or "Super Ninja Bikini Babes" or "Baby Dolls Behind Bars") and probably found some old west set and decided to make a western with some direct-to-video quality of stars, which includes Randy Travis, Andrew Stevens and also Jason Voorhees himself, Kane Hodder, in a uncredited role during a fight scene. The only reason I watched this film is because of my obsession with William Smith (I've actually set me DVR to record any film that he appears in), but for rest of the world, there really isn't much of a reason to watch this film, even if Smith gravelly voice was enough to keep me entertained. The film did need more William Smith though (and possibly more ninja moves from Dudikoff).

• Dec 28, 2012

Very good western movie, the acting was great and the story was superb. It hit the heart at times too.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Aug 15, 2011

I was NOT expecting to like this western as much as I did but It had that old school western feel & it was action packed from start to finish

• Oct 05, 2009

Mediocre western starring 80's action star Michael Dudikoff as a hero is riding toward a small town when he seems some evil henchmen beating up a woman. Naturally, he takes care of the men and saves the girl. What he doesn't know is that one of the men he killed was the such of an evil cattle baron who seeks revenge. Randy Travis makes an appearance as a Lee Van Cleef wannabe who has a secret agenda of his own who becomes the town sheriff. He does a rather poor job and is clearly the worst actor in the film. I love the early American Ninja films, but when you're so bad that you make Dudikoff seem like a real actor, you know your terrible.But this is clearly a made for TV movie with not so good acting. But you can't blame it just on the actors. I've seen far worse acting, but the dialogue and direction are both totally awful. But it's watchable (If watching paint dry is your only other option) somehow even though it's bad. But it's more entertaining due to how bad the script and direction is than anything.

• Jul 10, 2009

Film ber-genre action ini cukup menarik... Adalah cara sang penembak menembak-lah yg membuat film ini layak ditonton