Dear Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dear Diary Reviews

March 31, 2009
31/3/09: It started so slowly that I was uninterested and turned it off. But I'm glad I went back to it. The second half of the movie gave the first half a different meaning.
March 26, 2009
Leger et profond, triste et gai, reflechi et gratuit, etc. Le meilleur film de Moretti : toutes les scenes sont belles, surprenantes et droles.
February 19, 2009
Started it, never finished it. On the list with it!
January 20, 2009
Simply, I love that man's crazyness responding to the world's madness.
January 5, 2009
Nanni, un genio. La inteligencia verdadera tiende al humor: exorcisa el absurdo de la realidad en una carcajada. Ve la tragedia y la trastoca en algo que no la obvía, pero tampoco le permite apabullar al ser humano. El humor como antídoto ante el mundo. Sólo unos pocos entienden eso; todavía menos saben utilizarlo. Nanni por suerte pertenece a esa escasa estirpe.
½ November 25, 2008
Funny!!! But sometimes so long! Great screenplay!!!
November 2, 2008
- Sa cosa stavo pensando? Io stavo pensando una cosa molto triste, cio che io, anche in una societ pi decente di questa, mi trover sempre con una minoranza di persone. Ma non nel senso di quei film dove c' un uomo e una donna che si odiano, si sbranano su un'isola deserta perch il regista non crede nelle persone. Io credo nelle persone, per non credo nella maggioranza delle persone. Mi sa che mi trover sempre a mio agio e d'accordo con una minoranza...
½ October 18, 2008
Wonderful! Some scenes are marvellous and some lines too. I couldn't believe that there actually was Jennifer Beals, and she even speaks italian very well!!
September 3, 2008
Geniale il 3°capitolo
½ August 19, 2008
mi trovero' sempre con una minoranza di persone

e pure io detesto Swept Away !
August 15, 2008
Ce type est fou ... mais genial ! Merci pour ses retrospectives a Locarno 08.
July 27, 2008
Tu ti verogni di me. Che mal di testa. Anche gli Optalidon non sono più
gli stessi. Ti ricordi il tintinnio rassicurante del vecchio tubetto? Ora è tutto cambiato; ora è veramente tutto cambiato..
July 9, 2008
I just love this film, it is so silly and unpretentious and so deep at the same time
½ June 15, 2008
There is something so endearing about Nanni Moretti. He wanders aimlessly around Rome, Italy, and various other areas nearby, simply observing the atmosphere and the people that have transformed it from what it was to what it is. He watches films. Some grab him, some don't. Some even make him dance, since he secretly wishes he could do so. This man spills his thoughts and dreams of dancing, social constructions/progressions, and eventually making his own films. Moretti occasionally jumps outside of the scene, participating with a scenario almost unnoticed, spelling out the script to his movie inadvertently. He is a playful man that takes pleasure in the little details that create our environments, and that made this film a very pleasurable viewing.

Fantastic score, simple-and-potent visual style, and a winning sense of humor make Caro Diario a delight.
June 2, 2008
This movie left me feeling like I'd gotten to know a very special, decent, good and life-loving man. Its structure and style is peculiar, but it's quite a nice movie in the final analysis.
May 27, 2008
mythique : la séquence de la vespa
May 11, 2008
i love this movie, put a dress on it and i'd marry it.
May 6, 2008
I love this ordinary little movie. It makes me smile just thinking about Nanni Moretti driving on his Vespa through Rome!
½ April 16, 2008
Has its interesting bits but it´s just over the top "freaky"
April 11, 2008
One of my favourite films of all time. Funny, heartfelt, melancholic, poignant, all at the same time. The music is excellent and the scene when Moretti drives along the Roman coast to the Koln concert of Keith Jarrett, past the site where Pasolini was murdered, is mesmerising.