Dear Wendy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dear Wendy Reviews

March 2, 2011
Somewhat bizarre effort from Vinterberg and Von Trier that masks social commentary and haphazard messages about gun-use with a frankly silly story. Despite the heavy-handedness, it's admirably put together, with a brilliant score, and some great invention, even in the ludicrous finale.
February 23, 2011
Its an interesting movie. Its a bit slow, but I liked it.
½ February 21, 2011
This movie confused me a bit. The kids made no sense, but they were fun to watch. Clarabelle was a f-ing idiot. What the crap was she thinking? Anyway, loved seeing Jamie Bell prance around in a cape and top hat.
February 6, 2011
I love it. It's so Von Trier. It's so a film about America from a European intellectual who's never been to America. This film is so bizarre. It's strange and weird and unsettling. It's completely singular. It's like a dream. It's like a film that slipped through a crack from an alternate reality. I took extensive pages of notes while watching it, but I don't have them with me, so you'll just have to trust me and watch it. Though you probably won't like it, since you're not as big of a film prick as me. Take that anyway you like (in the butt).
January 17, 2011
There is no pacifist with a gun. Still, I feel that Dear Wendy is much more than just an anti-weapon or even an anti-America (??) statement as some people may label it. It offers a very (!) original plot, an awesome setting, and a dramatic ending. It's also unrealistic and yet it's not... it even makes you dig the Zombies...
January 10, 2011
This movie is unrealistic to a massive degree. Many times I found myself thinking, "This would never happen in reality." But since movies are supposed to be an escape from reality, that's okay. I found this movie really interesting and very original. While it does leave something to be desired at the end and there are points in the plot that make absolutely no sense, overall I really enjoyed it.
January 10, 2011
It's the Time of the Season for Loving
½ December 3, 2010
I love Lars von Trier movies but this one wasn't that good :(
½ November 30, 2010
Excellent film - brilliantly written and directed with entertaining performances. A group of so called "losers" in a small mining town come together to form the "Dandies" who are pacifists who each carry a "partner" (a gun) that is named and a ritual of faith of sorts is built around. This is one of those films that can be discussed from various angles for hours. A Danish film with U.S. and U.K. actors - it's a true art film. Loved this.
½ November 1, 2010
Wicked fun to watch! Guns.
October 25, 2010
I was expecting a little more. I can't say that I was disappointed, but I thought that there could have been more to the plot. Some of the special effects work well with the movie, and play into its slightly dangerous charms. Something that's worth a look, I just wouldn't consider this an idie classic.
October 24, 2010
This movie made no sense in every way.
October 18, 2010
Kind of boring and slow, but none the less a great message of hope for those who seem lost without friends and a riviting ending.
October 18, 2010
Enfin, on retrouve Jamie Bell, après son terrible et magnifique Billy Elliott. Dans un univers violent à l'excès et quasi-grotesque, on suit les aventures des jeunes tireurs avec un intérêt grandissant, jusqu'au jour fatidique. Une distribution à la hauteur des rôles déjantés!
October 1, 2010
a masterpiece ,,thank you Vinterberg
September 13, 2010
Bir yere kadar The Dreamers tadıyla izlenebilse de eylem kararından sonra Harry Potter'dan bile daha fazla uçuk bir çocuk filmi izliyor hissiyle doldum. Yönetmene de kabahat bulmayaca?ım, adam çekmi? hakkıyla ama senarist Lars von Trier'in "aptal bir silaha çocukça bir a?ıt" fikriyle mi, yoksa "silah hakkındaki ata sözlerinden senaryo yapaca?ım" fikriyle mi yola çıkarak yetersiz bir i? çıkarmayı ba?ardı?ını bilmiyorum. Neydi! Sinema denince von Trier iki, Tarkovski bir miydi? Yoksa Tarkovski iki, Trier mi birdi? :)
August 29, 2010
Vintenberg e Lars Von Trier juntos? Huh?
Filme bacana com otima trilha sonora, fotografia e uma trama interessante. Mas nada muito memorável. Na minha modesta opinião.
½ August 25, 2010
co za shit! nawet w wypadku dorabiania ideologi w postaci uwik?ania spo?ecze?stwa ameryka?skiego w problem posiadania i użycia broni bla bla bla... to i tak mega shit! na szcz??cie ta żenada wywo?uje ?miech.
August 12, 2010
Its an interesting movie. Its a bit slow, but I liked it.
May 18, 2010
Non. Je ne peux pas mettre de mots sur cette oeuvre.

J'essaie de mettre le doigt sur ce qu'elle m'a fait ressentir, mais le contraste tait trop puissant, trop... harmonis pour que je puisse identifier quoi que ce soit. L'oeuvre est majeure, et m'a sincrement marqu.

L'histoire commence pourtant calmement, et elle tisse lentement sa toile autour du spectateur, qui se laissera prendre de court par la suite des vnements. Car, qu'est-ce que rellement le pacifisme, sinon de s'empcher tout prix d'tre violent?