Death Valley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Valley Reviews

May 29, 2015
This is not much of a horror movie, though it does have some horrific elements including extreme violence and an off-camera rape. The story is one you've seen before. Shiny, happy people travel to desert for fun and debauchery (a rave), overstay welcome and get attacked by the locals (surprisingly NOT mutants in this case). These folks with no background in dealing with this sort of thing man up and give the biker gang from Hades a run for their money. Cornball, trashy stuff, but there are bits that have stayed with me even days later. And Genevieve Cortese helped make it worth my time as well.
½ January 2, 2014
Terrible film, badly acted, badly directed, just a pure waste of time.
½ August 25, 2012
Low budget but well done thriller.
August 25, 2011
there is some people who hate this movie and i dont see why because its an awesome movie rider strong is in this he is 1 of my fav actors and also eric olsen from dumb and dumberer this movie is based on true events
December 29, 2010
Now I know why the kid from Boy Meets World does not have an active acting career.
August 5, 2010
"Death Valley" is ultimately nothing special, but some decent direction sets it apart from other B-grade thrillers of this kind. The movie itself looks very dark, and has a bit of an indie feel. The basic story is that a guy named Josh (Eric Christian Olsen) goes to a party in the desert with his friends on the night of his birthday. They do a few things they shouldn't have, and are all ready to return to reality the next day - when they discover their ride home has been dismantled. This leads to a confrontation with a couple of bikers that evolves into an intense stand off with a lot MORE bikers later on. "Death Valley" starts off in the typical way: a young guy moaning about how his Dad's trying to control his life, a brief conversation about drugs... - but the dialogue in this movie isn't all that bad. Compared to what I thought it would be like, at least.

It was great to see Rider Strong of "Boy Meets World" fame in a movie. You rarely see him these days. And I quite like Eric Christian Olsen. He pops up in practically every movie but never really makes an impression. Well he made an impression in "Death Valley". He made me think he's a tiny bit better an actor than I'd originally thought. A tiny bit. "Death Valley" is definitely a step above the many movies like it that have come out in recent years. It doesn't try too hard to be a horror movie. It doesn't try too hard in any respect really. There's no doubt a couple of the actors in this are absolutely awful, but I thought the directors of "Death Valley" built suspense pretty well. And I actually cared about the characters. I never care about the characters in these kind of movies. It's essentially a lot less cheesy than you'd expect. Worth watching, if you're into thrillers.
½ May 31, 2010
very blah. boring for a film about people shooting each other on dirtbikes.
April 12, 2010
Another one of those thriller movies where a group of pretty young things puts themselves in a stupidly reckless situation and then is shocked when they realize they've put their lives in danger. I only watched it because of Eric Christian Olsen and was surprised to see Mrs. Jared Padalecki (Genevieve Cortese) in it. Olsen is his sexiest when playing a serious role, so that ALMOST made up for it. The movie wasn't awful, it was just nothin' to celebrate. And in case you didn't know: if your friend invites you to a rave out in the middle of the desert while high off your @$$ on mescaline, JUST SAY NO.
April 12, 2010
March 26, 2010
Bad trip tragique dans le desert pour un groupe d'amis qui se retrouvent a la mercie d'une bande de bikers tous droits sortis de Mad Max. Bonne pression et ambiance musicale reussie.
September 22, 2009
Barely good. Watchable.
June 29, 2009
It came on late at night, and I was bored and not tired so I watched it...I shouldn't have...While it had some hotties in it that I haven't seen on tv in years, so the perv factor was high, it was REALLY BAD!!!
Bad acting, bad music, very poor continuity and complete lack of a point or storyline, just REALLY BAD!!!
I hate to live in regret, but I really do regret wasting so much time on this disaster low-budget shocker :(
½ June 14, 2009
This film was great. I was skeptical at first due to the low budge look of the movie, but it's a underrated gem. It's very suspenseful, well written and unpredictable. I highly recommend checking it out if you can find it.
½ March 26, 2009
neither great, nor horrible. i could see what the creators were going for, but never quite made it out of mediocrity. i enjoyed it, to a certain extent, but some scenes made me cringe. parts of the story weren't fleshed out or explained enough, and an unidentifiable something was missing. it's not a movie i'd watch more than once though, because it's not the kind of movie where you'd see new things upon a second viewing; the concepts that are lacking won't be there, no matter how many times you rewatch it.
it wasn't bad enough to make me feel like i wasted my time, but it wasn't good enough for me to recommend to others. it was just "ok".
½ March 22, 2009
Claims to be based upon a true story but offers no explanation as to the real outcome, tells no real names and gives you no clues as how to find out more details. And this makes it just another movie about dumbass Americans isolated in the desert using nothing but their wits to keep themselves alive.
January 4, 2009
SURVIVAL CAN BE BRUTAL

"Death Valley" is a good,well acted survival revenge thriller.
With great actors such as Rider Storm"Cabin Fever" and "Borderland" and gorgeous Eric Christian Olsen.
The quality is not that good as this is a a B movie but I prefer the more grainy look this movie has opposed to B movies that look like a home movie..
It starts off a little slow but once the action starts it never lets up and the ending was satisfying to me as well.
I recommend it to anyone who likes the "stuck in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of socipaths flicks"
think of it as "The Hills Have Eyes " with regular people not mutants ,it's light on gore but it still delivers.
October 5, 2008
This is suppossed to be based on true events. I love how Hollywood used the phrase "based" so loosely, becasue if one actually did some research only one or two facts are actually real. But anywho this was entertaining and different from other crap. I could watch this again...
½ August 26, 2008
Not a bad horror flick. Some intense scenes but it fades out at the end.
½ August 24, 2008
normally a movie i wouldnt see but i was on the xc bus and thats what we watched because ols's son is in it (eric christian oslen) and not at all what i expected but not all bad